Skip navigation

1982 X reg Golf Cabrio GL Karmann

Back to the top

1982 X reg Golf Cabrio GL Karmann

Golf mk1 Cabrio GL AUTO 1457cc (Karmann)
X reg 1982

Its a weird feeling with VW's, how one can become so attached to them!!…This car was purchased as a project - My housemate and I were going to freshen her up and use her as a summer cruiser - we were going to be the envy of every man!
….But then our other project cars ended up coming first, our garages are fulll and winter is now on the way…. we desperately need our driveway back so she has to go…

The bodywork in general is in good physical condition however it has had a respray at some point in its life - unfortunately this has been its downfall as the paint is very bad and the laquer has bubbled all over the car. I started on the bonnet by sanding it back and spraying in primer but that was as far as it ended up.

The 1500 Auto starts ok and has had a recent 10W40 oil and filter change. We have driven this up and down the cul-de-sac from our house to the garages at the end of the road but have never driven it in anger or really had it out of the first speed/gear.
The brakes have enough pad and disk left for another 6months/year but could do with a good bleed as they are very spongy.

Comes with a set of Sebring Alloys (15") but they will need new tyres.

The interior could do with a freshen up, the drivers seat has a ripped bolster

The hood appears to be ok, its a vinyl one but doesn't appear to have any noticeable rips

no tax and no MOT although I dont suppose it would need much to go through an MOT.
will need to be trailered or towed away

£420 ono
location - reigate
contact Paul 07763837471 or Dan 07708736211

Here are a couple of pics, unfortunately the paint isnt as good as it looks in these photos.

Jedermanns Wunschtraum…

ein Volkswagen
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.