Back to the top

1982 Mk1 Standard GTi - Minter

no longer for sale

Back to the top

Re: 1982 Mk1 Standard GTi - Minter

Gareth83 said

I think around the 3000 mark is viable,

is that a typo

with that amount of mileage you have to be kidding, that price is campaign territory, why advertise as Minter when it is not ( looking at the pics )

Back to the top
3000 might be a bit much mate, i can see grass from inside your boot...

1983 Polo CL - daily

1984 Golf G60 Syncro - sold

1989 Rallye Golf - sold

1992 Corrado G60 - crushed

1989 Polo C - chopped and crushed

1991 309 Style - crushed

Back to the top
Kenno has more than a point. I am currently selling one that is more solid than that albiet in bits fro a couple hundred quid...

Back to the top

?????????

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Sorry, but this is a joke right?  :dontknow:

Back to the top
I'd better get onto Adrian Flux and double the agreed value on mine  8O

DubPartz

Back to the top

Re: 1982 Mk1 Standard GTi - Minter

Gareth83 said

The number plate is probably worth a few quid too. "Del Boy" "Old Boy"???

Cheers

Gareth

What sort of special glasses are you wearing ? are they the same pair you wore when you valued the car  8O

Back to the top
I saw this advertised on other sites and thought the same but come on people - friendly friendly if the seller wants ?3k then he has every right to advertise for that and if anyone pays it then thats up to them

Back to the top
i think what everyone is trying to say is that you should maybe re-think how much you are asking for you mk1 as the price seems a bit steep considering the high mileage (224,000 is high even for a 25 year old car) and condition of the car. perhaps if you were to repair/replace the wing and have the hole in the boot sorted and then all said areas painted, you could demand a price closer to the one you would like.

good luck with the sale.

Back to the top

MalC said

I saw this advertised on other sites and thought the same but come on people - friendly friendly if the seller wants ?3k then he has every right to advertise for that and if anyone pays it then thats up to them

fair point malc,

but lets be honest, if he puts in the title of the add "MINTER" then people have there right to ask questions.

But you are right he can ask what he likes for his car, just like anyone else can for theres.

Goodluck with the sale  :roll:

Back to the top
i wouldnt pass that on a mot test with the corrosion right next to the seat belt mounting  :?
Bert

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top
Lad I know who had his MK11 failed due to a tiny pin pick hole about afoot away from one of the rear belts. Hard men these MOT testers.

?3K for a car that needs welding and painting is a bit of a p-take

1983 Mars Red 1.8 Golf GTI
1987 Alpine White 1.8 Clipper Cabriolet

The trouble with doing nothing is that you never know when you are finished.

Back to the top
i dont know if its the same at all MOT stations but the local ford garage has a little hammer/screwdriver tool that they hit and poke any serious looking rust with and if it goes through the rust it fails. if the holes already there they dont need to poke it and it fails anyway! so thats a 3k MOT failure!

Back to the top

minter

But tbqh people we all looked at it when he put minter :),but dude i lmfso when i saw the grass ,i was like the lawn needs mowing rather than looking at the goods :?

Back to the top
spot the difference:

Back to the top
:lol:  The words MINT might actually mean its like a polo mint……well its got some holes in it!!

Very sorry but if something is mint or in very good condition then fair play……. the wings not a problem, but that inner rear wheel arch looks like its got another "repair" lower down? and will need a whole doner part putting in there, you cant patch stuff like that, its a structual mount for the suspension!!!, and corrosion that bad means its likely to be as bad at the rear of the sills aswell? and rear axle beam?

If thats got an MOT? it was done over the phone!!

92 Sportline in Flash Red, Standard **SOLD**

91 G60 Corrado in Aqua Blue pearl

91 Rallye Golf, Tornado Red, AMD tuned to 220bhp 227 flb torque 9j x16 Borbet B alloys

1985 B Alpine white mk2 Golf Gti

Back to the top
?900?

Back to the top
So are we all agreed? The car is far from mint, its well over priced, not described accurately, has little if no chance of selling for that price........and his lawn needs cutting :lol:

Back to the top
its leaking as well :lol:

Back to the top
The car has potential………….but thta costs ? so if the price reflected that then he will sell it…………….the asking price is Late or very very clean Gti money or even Rivage or sportline money……….

Its not happening at 3k in my opinion (especially as he put on cgti he only paid ?800 for it 8O )

92 Sportline in Flash Red, Standard **SOLD**

91 G60 Corrado in Aqua Blue pearl

91 Rallye Golf, Tornado Red, AMD tuned to 220bhp 227 flb torque 9j x16 Borbet B alloys

1985 B Alpine white mk2 Golf Gti
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.