Skip navigation

1982 Mk1 Golf GTI Rolling Shell!

Back to the top

1982 Mk1 Golf GTI Rolling Shell!

Afternoon Everyone

I have just picked up a more complete shell to carry on with my project so this is now surplus to requirements.

As you will see from the pictures the car is currently bare metal.  The previous owner sanded the car down, took some photos to sell it and then left it sitting in the rain  :blink: I have started sanding all the surface rust off using a DA sander but it will need finishing and then will need to primer put down.

The shell is pretty solid.  It has had a new front panel fitted along with the drivers side lower scuttle replaced.  From what I can see it will need the front inner arches patching up as they have started to rust through in a couple of small patches and the inner rear arches have seen better days.

The Golf will come complete with the original 1.6 GTI engine and gearbox plus a few other bits a bobs.  It has had a rear disc conversion at some point which I will leave on there.  It does not come with doors, boot, wings or a bonnet.

I paid £450 for this shell and then another £175 to have it shipped from Manchester to Surrey  :blink:

If I can get my money back (£625) on the shell then I will be happy, however I am open to sensible offers.

Cheers

Sammo

Live In Surrey? Own A VW? Join Surrey Dubs: www.surreydubs.co.uk

Americans Think England Is Full Of Soft, Posh, Nice People Walking Round In Top Hats And Drinking Tea!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.