Skip navigation

1982 Golf MK1 C 1.1 Ex-Deutsche Post LHD

Back to the top

STILL FOR SALE

The time has come when we have decided that we have to sell our 1.1 Golf C.  I love this car and if we had somewhere to dry store it, for a few years we would definitely keep it as an investment car. We bought it locally from an old guy who bought it from his sister-in-law who lived over in Germany.  I think the old guy bought it from her in the early 90's and had owned it ever since. I understand that she bought it from the Deutsche Post when it was approx 3 years old.  The old guy loved it too and was only selling as he had just bought a Lupo. It was well maintained with all genuine replacement parts as necessary.

We purchased it from him about 18 months ago and I have been using it pretty much daily since.  It has been 100% reliable and has never let me down but does need a slight adjustment to the carb that I will try and sort out before final sale. It runs great.

I have put the Golf C through 2 MOTs with no real problems, and only a couple of small advisories each time. The bodywork is in excellent condition with no issues. I have also replaced all of the copper brake pipes.

No rust completely solid, great doors, boot lid, bonnet, floors,  sills, bulk head, front, rear inner wings etc,  Perfect fuse board, wiring, all original!!

Genuine VW VOTEX mk1 Golf roof bars included, in the sale.

The interior is completely original, everything is clean and works well. Good heating, windscreen wipers. It all feels nice, tight and as it should do. The seats are original with no rips or tears, only 30 years of wear and useage.

It has had some odd little bits of paintwork etc over the years and does have the odd small parking dent etc, but basically looks very nice, clean original and tidy. It is 29 years old.

Gets a surprising amount of attention, cheap TAX, cheap to run, handles well and quite nippy! Very good all round visability so LHD is no problem.

Modern and reliable enough to use every day, but still kind of cool. Very Retro!

6 months TAX, 6 months MOT  £1500 or sensible offers.

If you want more information please give me a call.

Seb 07917 192637

Located Farnham, Surrey

IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/speedbuggyseb/Golf%20C/IMG_1537.jpg

Front Door shuts

Under the wheel arches!!

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.