Skip navigation

1982 golf cabbrio gl auto restoration project

Back to the top

1982 golf cabbrio gl auto restoration project

been thinking about this for a while and i have had to face facts that this is a big project and i just dont have the time or money to complete it which is a shame as my girlfriend and i have fallen in love with it. absolutly love it and the idea of restoring it but there is alot of work to be done as the previous owner really hadnt a clue what he was doing when he brought the car himself 3/4 years ago.
i dont know whether it is worth selling as a whole or parts BUT I MUST WARN YOU IT IS A LARGE PROJECT!!!!!!!! alot of problems that need seeing to. here are a few bits that i know of and was going to work from:
* RUST its a problem in the front and rear end
* the electrics. some of the electrics fail to work, but the engine does start and run, and as far as im aware the automatic gearbox is fine but i havent driven the car properly but the previos owner did drive to my house with no problems.
* the previous owner did try to repair the rear arches but was done in a bad way. i have tried myself to redo his bodgework but i would recomend new arches.
* the roof. the original roof was removed as it was unstable and unable to open properly so i did buy a second hand one. perfect but just not fitted and like i said above there is rust in some awkward places.
* one idea i did have for the rear arches was to cover up with a clipper body kit which i do have just agin not fitted.
*paintwork. would most definatly need to be repainted. as bodykit a differnt colour. frount left panel is a new one which needs touching.

both the roof and the body kit cost me over £200 and the car itself cost £350 so mixed minded as To sell as parts or as a whole. let me know your thoughts and if your interested. would strongly recomend a veiwing if serious about buying.

so as a price goes i think 500 pound for every thing is fair just so i can gain some of money back.

sorry not sure how to put pictures on but can send via mobile just let me know.
thanks for reading,
cheers, lloyd
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.