Skip navigation

1982 GL Cabriolet 97K Full MOT 6 months TAX ?900

Back to the top

1982 GL Cabriolet 97K Full MOT 6 months TAX ?900

Times have changed and I don't have enough of it to drive this great car, so shes up for sale.

1982 Golf Karmann Convertible in Baikal Blue (non metallic) seems to be rare colour in this model? Blue cloth interior. Owned for about 4 years and covered very little miles in this time (last year 48 miles). Tried to keep as standard, except for the radio/ cassette which is a period extractable unit with an Aux/MP3 connection. Six speakers in car- genuine VW ones in doors and kenwoods in rear shelf and rear panels. Car is believed to come from Isle of Wight originally hence the LOW***Y number plate.
97K miles on clock but engine has been changed at some point to a 1.6 FR coded carb engine which is the 85HP Scirocco GT. Still log booked as 1500cc. 5 speed gearbox, top fill radiator.

Recent parts fitted:
new exhaust inc. downpipe
new standard shocks and springs all round
new front top mounts
2x new tyres (covered about 20 miles!)
new rear brakes
usual engine stuff- air filter (K&N), plugs, fuel filter, etc
electric aerial
door handle armour plates

Car also has recent new hood, refurbished tear drop alloys with centre caps and removal tool, matching blue tonneau cover, german towbar (part of rear bumper type) minus wiring. Recent battery kept on trickle  charge whilst in garage. Fire extinguisher in rear.

I've had the whole interior out and cleaned up the blue carpet- looks good. Some wear to drivers seat as expected. Whilst interior was out took a look at the floor and it was like new- repainted the floor and put interior back in. Centre console has three clocks in but these are not connected.

Bad bits-  rust bubble under edge of windscreen at bottom (see third pic) was touched up by previous owner, paintwork tired as you would expect for a car of this age. Some marks/ dents associated with age. Drivers door trim does not match- is a black insert rather than chrome instead. Passsenger A pillar trim missing.

Will throw in some spares in with car- new front discs and pads, spare clutch (all new boxed). Set of body fitting clips. New VW logo number plates. Went through MOT this week with only rear wheel bearing being replaced. 6 months road tax put on this week so taxed until end of October 2009. Genuine buyers welcome to come and view car in Wrexham, contact me to arrange a time.

Car owes me ?900 so this is what I would like for it. Will get some pics up as soon as I can.  PM me or call on 07591941709.

Pics taken today (27/04/09) in midst of a downpour! Please bear in mind car is wet and as we all know they look better when wet. Tried to leather it dry best I could but if you are interested please come and view.

1982 Golf Cabriolet GL SOLD!

2005 Renault Modus 1.5 DCi

2004 Renault Grand Scenic 1.9 DCi

1985 Land Rover 90 200Tdi
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.