Skip navigation

1982 Cabby GL project.........needs to go

Back to the top

1982 Cabby GL project.........needs to go

Since I bought my mk1 Cabby I have always said I would have time to work on it and get it back on the road as soon as I could. But so far Ive not had much luck and I need a car to travel to and from work and to and from te gym and training(4nights a week before games). So Iam putting the Cabby up for sale, if I get OFFERS close to what I want for her then I will let her go(HAS TO BE COLLECTED from TS15). If not then I will just buy a wee polo and take a few years with the cabby. but would rather see it going to someone who can do something with it quicker.

Right enough of me blabbing
its a 1982 mk1 golf cabriolet 1st registered in Jan of that year. its a 1.5 (sure the engine has been worked on before hand since it seems quicker than other mk1 1.5's ive driven) it has been put through a pre MOT test and I Have a small list of what needs doing for it to pass( seat security rust and lights).
The car comes with Chrome trimmed Bumpers, 2 seat covers(no carpet), the seat clips, new reverse switch, + the alloys (tires have 300miles on them tops)that are in the pics and 2 new wings from beavers)

I had 2 testers looking over it and they said it was the cleanest car they have seen in a while(apart from the bits that werent working) they were even shocked it passed the emissions.. anyways looking for ?600or offers over that and it comes with receipts and the list what needs doing with the emission bit.

it does drive but the C clip on the gear shift needs replacing I recommend a trailer or wagon for collection tho+ prefer cash on collection than cheques or postal orders

A few pics as it was………..the front wings have been changed but are black (as delivered from Beavers)  Great project for someone and I'd rather see it being restored than sat in the compound at work so come on people let me know

there isnt much surface rust but a bit of TLC would see this car right

Back to the top
offers of ?600 or more btw..thought I mentioned it but not many would see the single mention of it  :roll:

Back to the top
Mileage on the car is 152700 Lucky if 100 was put on by me

Back to the top
found the list the tester made for what it needs

reverse light switch(included in sale if not fitted)
Indicator(bulb replaced and working)
High beam inop ……….(needs a slight rewire)

N/S/F +O/S/F inner wing needs welding
spare wheel well also needs welding

and thats it
it has the emitions certificate when I dig it out. just needs that someone to take it and take it to its former glory.

The Golf ball on the gear lever has been replaced by myuself……..just we re-used the old c-clip and that has popped off………I also include all the shift rods that I got with the kit

Back to the top
car needs to go...........offers around ?550

Back to the top
8O suprised you've had no interest in this so far

the work required wouldn't be a challenge for any DIY welder and could be done in no time

good luck with the sale

'82 Black 1600 GTI - Getting Better

Back to the top
had some interest yet distance has been the problem.

the car is in good nick..just needs someone with welding skill to actualy get at it and they have a sound quick mk1 convertable

Back to the top
Car needs to be gone BUMP

Back to the top
Failing that a lotto win would see me keep the car

Back to the top
?500

come on someone………..the car would be a nice winter project for someone

Back to the top
Things have taken a turn for the worse at work and I need to have the car of site by the end of next week at the very latest

the car must be collected ASAP

Contact me on
Ask for Fin and I dont answer to Withheld numbers. If I dont answer leave a message and I will get back to you as soon as possible

Back to the top
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.