Skip navigation

1982 1.8 GTI in Black - need some tlc

Back to the top

1982 1.8 GTI in Black - need some tlc

hi all, need to sell my mk1 golf as i have been putting far too much cash into it and i need to sort out buying a new house!

the car is a 1982 1.8 8v in black

approx millage of car is 18000 but the engine has been swapped for a tuned 1.8 which had 86k on the clock (runs sweet as a nut and is fast with gas flowed head and cam!)
now i have spent a small fortune on this car, it has had new: wish bones, springs, shocks, fuel tank, fuel pump, battery, coil, leads, dizzi, plugs, drive shafts and loads of other little bits!

car has had a partial respray about two years ago and looks really nice!
sun roof was leaking in our wonderful summer, i just used some gutter sealer to sort it and have not got round to fitting new seal!

car has full cat one alarm and imob with delocked chrome handles and central locking! i have certificate which will get you insurance reduction, this cost ?480 when fitted two years ago!

other bits fitted - strut brace front upper - ( i have one for the front that fits at the bottom but have not fitted but this will come with car), 4 in to 1 mild steel manifold, stainless exhaust, sparco steering wheel, full leather from a mk2, white dials, Ronal LS wheels which are only 4 months old with like new tyres!

car is moted till march next year as is tax

Bad points - the car needs some tlc as i have fitted a second hand gear box but have not quite got it working right - ( the car does run, and does not smoke, pulls really well! also had new clutch 5months back!
there is a little rust near the windscreen and also a very small bubble near the rear arch!

i would love to sort it but i just dont have the time to do it and dont want to spend anymore cash on it! if you know what you are doing  you can get this car sorted in an afternoon i am sure of it, i have lost the love for the project! i am after ?1500 for the car due to the fact the body work is so good and also the wheels are near new and the leather is in good nik! cheers, rob

i would px for a decent mk2 gti

car will need to be towed or trailered!
i live in High Wycombe

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top
fook it!! going to sort it out, i cant give in after spending so much cash!! i will get it sorted!  :wink:

Back to the top
intrested in a cabriolet swap?

Back to the top
do you have any pics and some info? rob

Back to the top
You sure you don't want to sell it?

Back to the top
Hiya, interested in ur car if you wanna sell - in not far either from you.  So the only reason the car wont drive is coz of the gearbox? Got more questions for you -  whats ur no.?

1983 Lhasa Green Golf GTI

Back to the top
hi  really sorry, i havent been on here for some time! i want ?1400 with the wheels and ?1000 without! my email is

toofunkyhouse@btinternet.com

rob

Back to the top
Sent you an e-mail. wanting to collect!

tony

Back to the top
ok mate no problem, are you wanting the car with the ronals? car needs towing or putting on a trailer. Cheers, rob

i am based in High Wycombe

cheers, rob

Back to the top

mk1

i have klipper for sale if you intrested in px plus cash….let me know.
or ring me 07876665929

Back to the top

mk1

i have klipper for sale if you intrested in px plus cash….let me know.
or ring me 07876665929

Back to the top

Toofunkyhouse's car

Mate,

This car was on the bay this week and was pulled off early so i pressume someone offered buy it now price of ?1700. The car was advertised on the bay with a faulty cluch but when i spoke to the seller he said it was the 2nd hand gearbox he mis-fitted and that the clutch was reltively new only covering 600 miles.  I went to see the car and it was quite nice, little tidying needed here and there but alot of work & effort gone into the car. Rear Mk2 seats needed brackets. Not sure what to think but if the car appears for sale again just take into account that it has no transmission. I was fair and offerred what the car was worth running less the cost of a gearbox & clutch + fitting but it didnt quite reach his minimum take.

1983 Lhasa Green Golf GTI

Back to the top

mk1

looks good.......
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.