Skip navigation

1981 1600 Mars Red Golf GTI Easy Project NEW PICS

Back to the top

1981 1600 Mars Red Golf GTI Easy Project NEW PICS

Model: MK1 1600 Golf GTI

Spec/Trim option: GTI

Year of manfacture: 1981
Mileage:

Price: ?950 (with genuine VW 7 spoke 14 inch alloy wheels and good tyres )

Contact details: Seb on 0791 7192637
Condition:
Service history:
Mot expiry Date:
Taxed or sorn:

Description:

For sale is a MK1 1600 Golf GTI 1981 project. I have owned it for 18 years. It has been garaged for 15 years but outside for 3 years - hence why it is not so perfect any more. I kept it in the hope to one day put it back to how it was when I got it, but my other projects have always taken priority and now I am selling it to make room for yet another project.

Good bits:
As it hasnt been used for the last 16 or so years, the interior and inside the car is like new and all original, complete with no missing parts (all knobs, all original perfect door cards, speakers, dash and radio/cassette. The seats, parcel shelf and things are the best I have ever seen apart from on the brand new one I looked at with my dad as a potential new company car in 1982 )
As you can see from picture 9 below some parts of the car are still as good as when it came out of the factory,
As at some point in the early days of its life it had a trip to  GTI Engineering,  it comes with extra VDO dials and Fischer C colour coded tape storage, colour coded dash stripe,  Rare Black Zender 3 piece Roof Spoiler and other small extras like, Black door handle scratch plates, front and rear mudflaps, Bosai Exhaust manifold, downpipe etc and slightly deeper later model MK1 1800 front spoiler. Also has Genuine Hella MK1 Clear front indicators and now also has Hella New Old Stock Headlights. Also comes with some nice bits of Mars red painted engine tinware

Bad bits:
As I said this is a project. Its is not running
Engine wise it is missing an oil cooler, distributor, water pump, and a couple of inexpensive other bits and pieces. Engine has been regularly turned over and 100,000 well maintained miles show on the clock, until the point of coming off the road all that time ago.
Paint work is perfect in some areas, open the doors or boot and it is like a new car but not so good in others - roof (picture below) is weathered, bonnet needs repainting, and there are areas of touch up, which have been well done, but could still do with respraying in an ideal world. No filler or anything like that has ever been used on this car. I have tried to preserve it as best I can over the years so any stone chips/rust patches i have treated - this does mean what you see is what you get - no hidden bodywork secrets. There are no real dents or anything really in the whole car!
One small hole in the floorpan which needs to be welded and one at the end of the sill under where the front passenger wing bolts on, also a couple of other tiny areas, one of them in the spare wheel well area, where it just starting to go, but nothing major yet. Usual areas really but to a lesser extent than most, and all well preserved. Front wings, panel, boot lid, doors, rear wheel arches Apart from tiny bits at the rear bottoms etc are all perfect.

Perfect headliner

Price:
£950 ono (with genuine VW 7 spoke 14 inch alloy wheels and good tyres )

This does have  the easy potential to be a really fantastic example of a fast appreciating classic car an could be once again, one of the best around!

Could go on but if you want any more info please call Seb on 0791 7192637. Based in Farnham, Surrey - if your interested come and have a look.

NOW WITH MORE PICTURES ADDED. HAVE YOU EVER SEEN ANOTHER INTERIOR LIKE THIS ONE?

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.