Skip navigation

1979 BLACK MK1 SERIES 1 GLI CAB £600 ONO

Back to the top

1979 BLACK MK1 SERIES 1 GLI CAB £600 ONO

SOLD***SOLD***SOLD

NO MORE MK1 FOR ME….FOR NOW.

Model: MK1 Cabriolet in black.

Spec/Trim option: GLi, with BBS body Kit.

Year of manfacture: 1981
Mileage: 130000ish
Price: ?600 ONO
Contact details: 07939 676254
Condition: Not the best
Service history: Patchy
Mot expiry Date: SORN
Taxed or sorn: SORN

Description:

I have owned my MK1 Floppy top since July 2006 and I fell in love with it the moment I test drove it and I remember thinking 'What a project'. However as time went by it has become aparant that I will never finnish the project but somebody with the time and space definately could and It actually wouldnt take a great deal to pass an MOT and I have many of the parts.

Here is a brake down of how it is at the moment.

Body:

Needs TLC, it still looks good from a distance but does require a new passenger side front wing, has rust on some of the arches surface rust on one of the outer sills and rust where the rear wings meet the rear valance, inside the boot is ok. Most of the car has small treatable rust spots. The roof is in ok condition with no rips or tears but could do with treating - also has hood cover. New Headlights. Scuttle and filler neck ok.

Interior:

At the moment all of the carpet is on the rear bench as I have been replacing the wiring looms, it is however in good condition and I am planning on putting it back! The Interior is full RECARO interio which i belive may be from a Sportline but cant confirm as they were in the car when i brought it. The rest of the interior is fairly tidy but the door cards (RECARO) are ruined by someone bodging a speaker job! Has Sporty stearing wheel fitted but also have original.

Engine:

The engine itself I have been told by the mechanic that fitted the timing belt is very strong. It does have the usual leaks of a 28 year old car though as in few water leaks where rubber pipes meet metal parts. Sump plug has been tightened too strongly and has a small leak as a result (one or two drops on the drive in the morn). Revs accelerate due to leaky CIS gaskets and possible dodgy throttle body. Always starts first time!!!! 4star. Also gear selector is out of sinc and its difficult to select gears but again my mechanic assures me its relatively simple to sort.

Electrics:

This is wear like so many other MK1s it all went wrong! I had owned the car 3 weeks when I discovered the electrics were f***ed! I had 2 new fuse boxes fitted but still had dodgy connections from sep 07 to oct 08 i looked for a full good condition loom, and got one in oct 08! I have replaced all looms from back of car up to and including the dashboard with only the engine left to do. The car runs but the engine looms still need replacing, I have them in a box.

Thats about it, thats my MK1 GLi Cabriolet.

I have been honest as I can and really just want rid of it before christmas

Thanks for your time,

Tony
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.