Skip navigation

1979 4dr Florida Blue Series 1 Mk1 54k miles now £3500 SOLD!

Back to the top

1979 4dr Florida Blue Series 1 Mk1 54k miles now £3500 SOLD!

It pains me a bit to do this as it's an awesome, great fun and attention grabbing little car, however the need to return to my aircooled (sorry :redfaced:)  roots has hit me hard recently and I have seen something I like, unfortunately this has got to go to help raise funds….:(

Year/model: 1979 L

Mileage: 54,000 with some history.

Engine:
Original 1.1L engine, weber carb fitted so no running problems associated with the standard pierburg! Starts and runs beautifully. Recent cam belt. Cheap insurance!

Gearbox:
Original 4 speed manual, still very tight. Sometimes crunches going into reverse but not a concern.

Brakes:
Standard, new pads and fluids.

Paint/body:
Original colour - LA5A Florida blue, some bits appear to have had a blow over but generally all good and very very straight.

Interior:
Mostly original, rip in headlining by the tailgate, and I recently ripped the drivers seat material on a jeans stud but have aquired a rear bench seat in to steal the material from to carry out a repair - this will come with the car. New door cards. That cool series one dash with pointy clock!

Shocks:
Jamex adjustable coilovers fitted by previous owner.

Wheels: 6 and 7" staggered cookie cutters, I had these polished and painted about 6 months ago and the tyres are still as new, a bit of stretch on the 7's but nothing too ridiculous. These are fitted using FK 15mm width 4 x 100 > 5 x 130 adaptors.

Bumpers: Being a '79 and the last of the series 1's, the car had plastic bumpers on when I bought it, I have just bought and fitted the far cooler chrome metal bumpers, these are 2nd hand aftermarket not o.g front one has some rust bubbles but not really noticeable rear is perfect.

It sailed through the MOT only last week with an advisory as the exhaust is blowing slightly, exhausts are not expensive so I will replace it if it's a deal breaker, the tax runs out end of August, but again I'm sure arrangements could be made!
05/08/12 Update: Bought an exhaust but once up on the ramp found it wasn't needed, just re-fitted the existing one correctly with new brackets and hangers - all sealed up and ready to go!

05/08/12 Update: reduced to £3500.00 ovno

Located west of Oxford - OX18. Come and have a look, you won't be disappointed!

Some photo's……:)

Thanks for looking and give me a shout if you need any more info'  :)

Take it easy…..

Steve

07795 621451 (anytime)

steveLH66(at)hotmail.com
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.