Skip navigation

1976 series 1 ex pvw show car

Back to the top

1976 series 1 ex pvw show car

it really pains me to do this as its my complete pride and joy, but due to getting married i can't give her the time and attention she deserves so ive decided she needs to go to someone who can make better use, plus i need the money for my wedding dress! :lol: :P

basic spec

1976 series 1 golf with swallow tail rear panel
tax'd until oct this year
will have a full 12 month mot put on before sale as its just expired
less than 60,000 miles on original 1.6 engine, with previous mot's to back up mileage. 
golf mk2 front brake conversion
polybushed front wishbones
was given a respray back in around 2006, colour is L554 'kirsch red' from a karman ghia, not a colour ive ever seen on a watercooled volkswagen
brittax full length sunroof. 
avo coilovers
14x6 centra wheels which had a full refurb in march of this year, 155/55 tyres which were brand new at the time of fitting
chrome side trims
chrome windscreen and rear window surround
chrome flag mirrors
chrome bumpers
chrome windscreen wipers
stainless steel gutter trims (very very rare)
also have the chrome trims for the front side windows but they arent currently fitted.
twin weber 34ict carbs on claude buggies manifold with claude buggies air filter casings, only set up ive ever seen like this!
dupre motorsport cam cover. 
low back front seats, (all seats and door cards trimmed in walnut vinyl by newtons commercials, along with the headlining redone in black vinyl in 2006.

we bought this in feb of this year, and spent 6 weeks rebuilding / re-doing a lot of things on her, the list of new parts / replaced parts which has all less than 4 months old is extensive. the car has done a max of 600 miles since being finished to this level, new parts include.

new cam cover gasket
fully rebuilt carbs with new jets and gaskets.
air filters
leads plugs and oil filter changed
complete fuild drain and replace
new water pump
new thermostat
new top fil radiator with billet rad cap
new fan switch
new higher output alternator with new aux belt.
new rotor cap
new braided vacuum hose
new exhaust hangers
clear rear screen (with no heater elements, make a massive difference to the back of the car!)
new seals on the rear lights
new mooneyes red steering wheel fresh from the states
fitted a mini amp in the glove box, speaker behind the dash with aux lead into the centre console as it comes with a genuine 70's blaupunkt vw stereo but there was no wiring for it behind the dash so my other half wiring in the amp. 
my other half also wrapped all the internal wiring in fabric tape, along with parts of the engine bay wiring which were worked on. 
washer bottle replaced with bag hidden inside scuttle panel.
all of the interior was removed and the whole inside of the car was cleaned, various parts including the rear seat brackets and seat belt clips, cam cover and alternator bracket have been painted to match the body work. 
loads of little parts that were missing have also been replaced, like the door lock pins and sleeves and plastic backing on the inside of the doors.

she also comes with a box load of spare / hard to find parts, like a genuine series 1 parcel shelf and supports which i was going to get retrimmed, genuine vw door strap pins, brand new genuine vw series 1 plenum drain grommits, original rear windscreen, original black door front door cards, original series 1 vw steering wheel, and lots of various spares.

when we bought the car it didnt idle and barely ran, wouldnt do more than 60 so driving on the motorway was a total nightmare as it was running quite lean, the fan didnt come on, it had no thermostat in it, every door had a different lock barrel in it, the rear lights were unsealed. We've since fitted a full matching lock set with genuine vw keys, and since the work on the engine has been completed she is a totally different car, amazing to drive, really nippy and the twin carbs sound awesome, no misfire / hesistation / underfueling, draws a massive amount of attention from other drivers / passer by, total joy to drive. 

now for the pictures. 

we also have a boat load from the mini rebuild showing various stages of the work but all the pics can be found on my build thread!

now for the price: £6000 OVNO feel the price is very reasonable for this standard of car, and im not in a rush to sell, so wont be open to daft offers, car is located in aldershot, feel free to fire away questions or enquire about a viewing, please note unless you can prove that you have the funds and correct level of insurance you wont be taking it for a test drive, so no dreamers or tyre kickers thank you please. 

i use my phone for work so dont hesitate to contact my other half about it, 07703 583577
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.