Skip navigation

1976 s1 lofoten green g40

Back to the top

1976 s1 lofoten green g40

Cant believe it! Just took me an hour to write out this advert! Just loading up pics on photobucket so pressed preview post lost internet connection and lost the whole flipping lot of it  

So got really peed off, made a rollie went and got a beer and this it attempt 2!  

Basically im moving to a new flat without a garage and dont have the funds to run 2 cars and pay all my bills etc so i have to sell my dream car. Ive thought about every way i could keep the car but the figures just dont add up  

Kills me to do this as i havent taken the car to any meets or shows and ive only done a few hundred miles in it scince ive had it!

The car is a lofoten green series 1 with a g40 conversion and ruffly 85k on the clock. 9 months mot and 9 months tax.

Bodywork

All the bodywork on the car was done by tuk customs including repair work rust etc and respraying the whole car minus the engine bay and boot floor. Tailgate has been debadged and dewipered. Both tow eyes are deleted. Rolled arches all round. All the underside has been undersealed and all the inner arches. It has full chrome window trim and side trim, chrome door handles, opening quater lights. New headlights, new black flag mirrors, new cl chin spoiler. Single light grill with chrome trim and chrome badge. Postie rear lights.

Engine

The car has a g40 conversion, i dont have any history with this but this is what i can tell you. Ive just had the charger rebuilt by gwerks so still has about 5 months left on warranty. Psd toothed belt kit, induction kit, boost return mod, stainless manifold, front mount intercooler, top fill rad. Its just had an oil change and new filter and a new battery last week. All poly engine mounts.

Bad bits…

I had booked the car to have the engine set up. I think it woul benifit from have all the timing and fueling done.

I think the starter motor might need replacing as the car starts fine first time but if you keep switching it off and then restarting it can struggle.

Slight oil leek which i think is just the sump gasket needing replacing. Also slight tapping cant figure out what it is.

The fan has been wired to operate manualy from the rear wiper switch.

The wiring needs sorting out and tidying up under the dash and in the bay.

Interior

The interior is from a swallow tail, brown door cards and brown and cream low back seats all in great condition. Brown wolfsburg steering wheel, 8 ball gearknob. New cream carpet and new headlining. Retro radio which isnt wired in, just for show. Boost gauge and clock.

Suspension is koni coilover set up. Brakes are mk3 golf items with new discs pads and brake pipes. Wheels are 15x7 et 25 with 165/50 bridgestone potenza all in good condition.

This is a wicked car and could easily be a show winner. My plan was to pull the engine and respray the bay to bring it up to standard with the rest of the car. Get some nice splits and do a few bits on the interior.

The car is still a 1.1 on the v5 so new owner would have to change this if they wanted. I just had it insured as a g40 conversion and planned to swap it on the v5 but havent had the chance.

Ideally id like this go to a new loving home to someone that will appreciate what it is and let me buy it back in a few years when ive got more money and a garage  

If your looking for a car that doesnt bump rattle and sqweek then this isnt for you! Its a 34 year old car but nothing pimps harder!

The car is in ringwood hampshire but im gonna be 45 mins away so can arrange viewings on weekends.

May px for a lupo gti or corrado vr6 as i need a modern relliable car for daily commute.

Price £4500

Photobucket
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.