Skip navigation

1976 Mk1 Golf - Lofoten Green- Now Sold

Back to the top

1976 Mk1 Golf - Lofoten Green- Now Sold

Shell:

1976 Mk1 Golf

Originally a 1.1
Lofoten Green (There are only 3 registered on the mk1 registrar in this colour)
Full chrome trim, side bits, all window mouldings.
Chrome bumpers front and rear. Hangers, end caps etc. As far as I know original.
Opening front quarter lights

Bodywork:
Small patch near o/s rear arch
n/s drivers door near A pillar
Drivers door near handle.

Pics of bad bits…

Rear arch

Drivers door handle

Passenger door A pillar

Close up of the above. It's only on the door so a new door or a small part welded in would fix that.

Body spares:
Full chrome trim for all windows found at great cost from America, and finishing clips. Now obsolete in the UK and from VAG.
Glass to replace opening quarter lights

Interior:
Really good condition brown half vinyl interior front and rear. Brown centre console with 2gauge holders as it came from the factory on early golf?s.
BROWN Wolfsburg wheel to match (quite sought after)
Brown dash, not mint. Warped a bit near the windscreen.
Period original series 1 golf Radio. No tape player, perfect for the retro look. (I was going to use my ipod & itrip to listen to music through it)

Interior spares:
Spare black Wolfsburg wheel which I started stripping down for a custom re-trim.
Spare early clocks and fascia.

Engine:
G40 block from the car which spat a rod, gearbox etc etc etc as you would expect an engine to be.

I have another G40 complete block (from the rocker cover to the sump, all internals etc) which I was informed has covered 68k. I?m basically just swapping the bits over to the new block after changing all the gaskets and water pump so everything is nice and fresh.
I have:
Head gasket
Water pump
Inlet gasket
TB gasket
Exhaust gaskets
Cam belt
Starter motor (second hand)
I have just sent these parts to the powder coaters to be done in a nice shade of brown to compliment the interior:
Rocker cover
Polo GT inlet manifold (these are used because they have bigger ports, so I have a spare G40 one)
All engine/gearbox mounts
Super charger brackets.

They should be back with me this week.

As you can see once the engine is back in there will be a spare:
Complete head
G40 inlet manifold
Rocker cover
3 pistons/rods etc! :lol: They might make nice paper weights on ebay!

I also have some black exhaust wrap & ties for the manifold which will look nice once fitted.

The wheels are Stilauto?s, can be seen in the first few pics in the build thread. 15x7 ET 25 so sit nice on a mk1. Shod in Bridgestone Potenza?s 165/50/15?s, all with very good tread.

Brakes are 256mm conversion on the fronts and drums on the rear.

Full stainless exhaust with 4branch manifold.

If i was keeping the car i would treat it to some paint while the engine is out, there are a couple of small rust bits starting to show it's head so i'd treat it now rather than later.

Everything is complete to put it back together, it has parts to take it to the next level of tune (GT inlet manifold and G60 injectors) It was running circa 150-160bhp before it broke.

The engine spec is:
4 branch manifold
ported and polished head
toothed belt conversion
full blend charger from pitstop
full stainless exhaust
large cone filter
Paddle clutch (required to take the power)

I believe with the new parts fitted and a remap 180bhp+ should be seen.

I'm only selling because a 100k mortgage i'm paying on my own and struggling getting to work having no car i can use daily is just too much and i need to free up the capital to have a car i can use now, so open to offers on a p/x.

Can?t think what else right now off my head. Everything mentioned will be for sale, I total it up at a bit over ?3k if broke for parts. Everything is negotiable in the final price.

Ah, the price…

?2.7k. That may seem like alot to some of you but you'd make money if you just bought it and split it for parts, something i can't bring myself to do.

i've no doubt left something unanswered so please feel free to contact me on 07791803792 or on here. I live 5mins from J3 of the M6.

Time wasters will not be entertained.

thanks for looking,
Matt.

Pics of how it is now…

(these pics look a little washed out because of my settings on the camera! They do not reflect the true colour, which is as it should be in the pics at the top)
ps the Oscams are sold and hence not included in the sale, same for the air ride.

Back to the top
man i love this colour :) would the car come with a working engine?

i need to find myself ?2700 :D

swap for a mk2 driver? :D

Back to the top
Now sold.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.