Skip navigation

1976 Metal Bumper 1.6 GLS For sale NEW PICS

Back to the top

1976 Metal Bumper 1.6 GLS For sale NEW PICS

You are looking at my Bali Green metal bumper golf. I imported this from Northern Swedens Arctic circle. As you will see from the pictures it is a very straight, rust free and clean car. It also has the bonus of being a 1.6 GLS, so is quite well specced up, with chrome bumpers, chrome door handles and trim, 2 original Flag exterior mirrors, etc.

The car got a new MOT last saturday and will be UK registered in the next week with an age related (P or R) registration. I will then fit some nice aluminium reflective number plates with raised digits (no perspex rubbish) It will also have 6 months tax at this point. The car drives very nice, pulls well and cruises happily at 100 Km/h. The car starts easily from cold with no smoke.

The interior is lovely and all original, the seats are very comfy and there are no rips or tears anywhere. Being an early series 1 car; it has the early style dash with round dials, this car being a 1600 has the rev counter too. There are a couple of small cracks in the dash top and door cappings, evidence of 35 years of 24 hour sunshine in the summer months. The car was always garaged and was owned by the same lady for the last 20+ years. She sold it finally as, well into here 80's, she decided to give up driving. I have a lot of documentation with the car, from the original golf instruction manual, to the Blaupunkt radio casette manual and original documentation for the engine oil warmer, which is still fitted to the car. (these are used in winter months before start up to reduce engine wear)

The original dealer sticker is still in the rear window and in perfect condition (the dealer is still in business) the headliner is very nice too. The aforementioned Blaupunkt works well and keeps good tune to FM stations. This would be a perfect year round usable classic, or add some coilovers and some rims and you have a lovely car to drive to shows, etc, The bumpers have no pitting whatsoever.

I am only selling this car as I am moving house in the next couple of months and could use the money for fees, etc. I know I am stupid to sell, as these metal bumper golfs are now far rarer than split window beetles! Car can be viewed in Bosham, approx, 3 miles from Chichester. I will put up a photobucket link with a lot more pictures soon, so you can see just how lovely this car is inside, outside and underneath! Call Mark on 07949 003326  £3300.00

Loads more pictures here: http://s280.beta.photobucket.com/user/patina68/library/#/user/patina68/library/1976%20Golf?&_suid=135456002174705256872889079183

I will try and get the car out when it's not raining and take some more pics..
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.