Skip navigation

1.6 Cab, A reg 1984 German Import

Back to the top

1.6 Cab, A reg 1984 German Import

Time to sell I think. Theres things need doing to the car and with work i just cant see myself getting round to it in the near future, so it may aswell go to somebody who will be able too.

So its a 1.6 cab, 112,000 miles on the clock. Its has tax until May and MOT also until May. Car was imported from West Germany, I was told she was one of the first in the country. She was a right hand drive, has been converted to a left. The window wipers still go from left to right though lol, easy enought to change I just kinda liked it as its different.

The bodywork on the car is pretty much mint, it must have had a fresh respray at some point in its life. When I brought the car I was told it has the BBS bodykit which apparantly theres only 5 of? Not to sure myself so im not saying it is. Its got smoothed arches and bumpers. The interior is nice as you can see from the pics below. It has tailored black and white leather VW seats front and back, with matching colour door cards. The roof is in pretty good nick, just a small tear about an inch long at the bottom right where it meets the boot, nothing major though. It also has a manual choke conversion.

Now the things that I had planned to do. The choke must have been fiddled about with before and can come out of the dash when you pull it, stays connected though…just needs that new bit of dash, this didnt really bother me though. Heater controls do not work, again didnt really bother me as I only really planned to drive it in the summer. The engine, the head core plug underneath the manifold has a rot hole in it so will leak coolant causing the engine to overheat, not a big issue to be fair, a new core plug from GSF is 1 pound. Head gasket I think may have gone, I was quoted 230 for that to be done with the head being skimmed. To be honest I was going to look at putting a new lump and fresh loom in there, soon as thats done it'll be a minter. Unfortunatly the 'bell-end' I brought her off promised to send me all the service history through and never did and totally ignored all my calls and texts. so no service history just 1 receipt for a new alternator belt and bettery.

I paid 1500 for this car last year, i dont want to take less than 1100. Im not going to seperate the seats from it as I want it to go as a complete unit. Any question text or call 07715684300. Ive tried to be as honest as i can, If i think of anything else ill note on here.

Thanks for looking, pics on the link

http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=113573

I do have more pictures I could email, just ask an ill get them tooyou. thanjs
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.