Skip navigation

Help???

Back to the top

Help???

Hi, I'm new to the VW golf scene and am trying to find where I can get hold of bodypanels for a mk1 cabriolet? I specifically need an off side rear quarter panel and sill, near side outer rear wheel arch repair panel and if one is not avaliable the whole quarter panel so I can use part to repair the rot in the rear arch and also an inner arch. Any help will be greatly appreciated, Andy B  :twisted:

Life is a waste of time, Time is a waste of life, Get wasted all of the time and you'll have the time of your life!

Current Cars:

Toyota MR2 Mk2 2.0 GTi16 T-bar approx 200bhp,

Rover Mini 1275 90bhp (rally spec),

VW golf mk1 1500 GL cabriolet.

Back to the top
hi mk1 cab quarter panels were avaliable as a top and bottom half, but have not been avaliable for years, best bet is secondhand.
good luck

Regards Volkswarren

X2 1983 A REG EW CAMPAIGN In WHITE(Awaiting full rebuild solid body) :thumbs: & T Reg S1 GTi Project, Still Looking for Series 1 GTi's or a 16S Oettinger to restore (Complete Cars only)  or an A reg Lhasa Green or White Gti to restore, also consider  Black, Red or Blue, Also Golf Driver Project Wanted anything considered WHY

Back to the top
Ah, bugger.  :banghead:  I needed from above the lower swage line down but if they're not avaliable, and I'm guessing second hand are like hens teeth, I'm going to have to make my own repair sections up.  Are the sills avaliable? I'm only guessing here, so please correct me if I'm wrong, but are the lower half of the rear quarters and the outer sills not the same as a 3 door mk1?  :dontknow:   How is rot in the rear arches normally put right? Is it a case of make your own? Cheers, Andy B  :twisted:

Life is a waste of time, Time is a waste of life, Get wasted all of the time and you'll have the time of your life!

Current Cars:

Toyota MR2 Mk2 2.0 GTi16 T-bar approx 200bhp,

Rover Mini 1275 90bhp (rally spec),

VW golf mk1 1500 GL cabriolet.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.