Skip navigation

Fitted RS2000 Recaros

Back to the top

Fitted RS2000 Recaros

I finally fitted my Ford rs2000 Reacro fronts seats, I used Corrado subframes from a set of knackered seats I had lying around. But managed to cock it up and ended loosing the height adjuster! So they are now welded in at a height that I think & feels good. They feel properly good when going throught the bends! They really hold you in place, they don't look to bad either. The overall grand plan is to retrim them in cream leather, like the optional interior in the Rivage. Next step is to make some covers to hide the frame underneath, I think i'm gooing to have a go at vacuum forming some at work. What do you think?

Back to the top
I think they look spot on  :D

Very nice

www.cw-se.com

"Video et taceo"

Back to the top
:mrgreen:  :y:

Back to the top
Sweet  :mrgreen:  Good job.

Cheers,
Meenrod

1991 Mk1 Golf GTI Cabriolet Sportline

Back to the top

recaro seats

ive got my hands on some recaro seats out of a fiesta turbo is it possible they will fit in to a 1986 mark 1 cabriolet golf??

Back to the top
Yes they'll fit, but theres a few ways you can do it. Buying proper VW recaro subframes out of a Mk2 is probably the best way, but if you're handy with an angle grinder and a welder. Buy yourself a set of old Golf GTI seats or corrado ones, and cut them to fit. Weld them up, and plonk them in.

Back to the top
JUST DONE MINE BOB
                                 USED 1"X1" TUBE TO MAKE A FRAME.ALSO MADE THE BACK SEAT TO MATCH

Back to the top
thats really nice work.
i just searched through the forum to find specifically rs2000 seats in a mk1, as im hopefully buying some to replace my worn gti ones this week.

did you take any more pics of building the frame or measurements as you went along?

or shall i just chop it and see.

Simon R - YouTube

MGH 178Y - 16v - Gone :(

KHJ 888Y - Gone

Back to the top
Sorry, I didn't take any photos as I went along. I just bumbled my way through it! :mrgreen: When I think about it, now that i've done a set, it would be easier next time.

Back to the top
that;s fine :)
im off to get mine in a min. :)

Simon R - YouTube

MGH 178Y - 16v - Gone :(

KHJ 888Y - Gone
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.