Skip navigation

BBS RM 001 alloys restoration, from beginning to end

Back to the top

BBS RM 001 alloys restoration, from beginning to end

Hi mates,

Just finished restoring my BBS RM 001 alloys, please feel free to ask if any of you is doing the same.
Also if any of you knows about BBS RM 001 center caps I'd appreciate it as I am looking for them.

Cheers

Back to the top
Well now I can say that the process is complete for they're already mounted in the car, no air leaks so far, which is not always easy.

I'll post photos when I lower down the car next weekend, will look so much better lowered and with appropriate center caps..

Back to the top
they are the right ones for rms :)

Back to the top
if you mean the center caps they are for RMs but not for this model, when you fit the cap you can put a finger between the cap and the wheel, i think the caps are for RMs with bigger offset.
BTW the center caps are for sale :)

Back to the top
What's with the nutella?

Back to the top
hahaha in the nutella I put the bolts to get cleaned with vinegar and coke, it's like a magic potion!!

Back to the top
No nutella then lol

Back to the top
car lowered, still some margin to get lower adjusting camber

result:

Promise better pics, iPhone camer at night… no good :D

Back to the top
Nice

Any reason why you masked off the edge face:

Only i was chatting to a wheel restorer the other day and he said it wouldn't harm it if there was paint on it even though it is the clamping face?

opinions…

Back to the top
protect the threads?

Back to the top
when you put the lips on it's better if there's nothing on that surface, it can cause air leaks as it won't stick so well, this has to be sanded to make sure the surface is totally uniform so don't think it'd be a good idea to paint that area

Back to the top
Could do didn't think of that though maybe use blobs of blue tac?

Back to the top
Even silicone in that area it's bad, the silicon would have to be spread on the joint between the outside barrel and the lip, as the photos show, anything in that surface also can change the torque of the bolts, so again nothing in that area but rough metal sanded  :wink:

Back to the top
thanks for that, i will make sure when mine are painted this week at the bodyshop that it is masked off

Back to the top
no probs good luck with the wheels post a pic when they're finished

Back to the top
Cheers, they will be in my build thread on here.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.