Skip navigation

1988 cabby karmann

Back to the top

1988 cabby karmann

Hi everybody, I wa sjust wondering if anybody knew what carpets would fit the cabriolet as a replacement item? i.e. would a mk3 cabriolet carpet fit or would one from a tin top? Thanks.

Back to the top
tintop and cabrio carpets are differant.

You can buy a new replacement carpet set from newton commericials, link on the left.
not had any experience my self but read posts where people have said maybe not as thick as the original but quality and fit was good. Perhaps do a search for newton to get some previous posts.

1988 1.8 carb Golf Clipper

Back to the top

Back to the top
Newton comercial.

Not sure the year the floors changed, however there's a good chance your cab is built on a rocco flor pan, not a golf.

Last months Performance VW had a little feature on newton commercial.

Projekt Frustration :

White 1991 Clipper. Lowered over polished zender rims, Single 40 dellorto on lynx manifold, kent cam, full stainless 'zorst / manifold, powerflex bushed and braced. Not the fastest car, but sounds super nice!

Still going after 12 years… never said it was a quick fix! Time is not my friend.

Back to the top
I had a look at newton commercials website but couldn't find a listing for the cabby? :dontknow:   Is there a way of checking if the floorpan is based on a scrirroco?

Back to the top
Dunno what year the car changed floor pans.
Maybe worth a post with a more specific title.

Try the following for newton:

http://www.newtoncomm.…odel=25&series=134&type=3

Projekt Frustration :

White 1991 Clipper. Lowered over polished zender rims, Single 40 dellorto on lynx manifold, kent cam, full stainless 'zorst / manifold, powerflex bushed and braced. Not the fastest car, but sounds super nice!

Still going after 12 years… never said it was a quick fix! Time is not my friend.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.