Skip navigation

1984 cabriolet original rear bench split or one piece ??????

Back to the top

1984 cabriolet original rear bench split or one piece ??????

Hi had my cabby a couple of months the previous owner has fitted a left hand drive interior so the front seat winders are on wrong side and so on but the question I have is the rear bench seat backrest is in one piece on my previous cabriolet I am sure I had a split bench now my question is what would of been the original seat in my car its a 1984 A reg 1.6 auto gl cabriolet and if its not a split seat can I fit one as I am certain there was a bracket on the rear seat pan that the split section mounted too but I cant see any thing where I could mount it too if I tried please help as my interior is pants and I really want the seats with the bolster as mine are a bit strange on the bum lol heres a pic of the front seats too dark to take a pic of the rear at the minute lol

Back to the top
The rear bench in my 1984 cabby is fully connected, not a split version. I can't remember ever seeing a split rear back on a cabby either.

The seat winders in the front should be on the inside by the handbrake.

Dan

Back to the top

seats

I am sure my old golf had splits and almost certain the winders were on the outside on my previous I know that the guy I bought this off said the interior was from a left hooker hence the heal plate being on the passenger side at least I know when I replace the seats I am begining to wonder if the interior in my old golf was meant to be in it or not lol perhaps someone fitted the seats from something else but they did look standard oh well thanks for the response the search is on now for a new used interior with the comfy seats lol  :)

Back to the top
LHD or RHD makes no difference to the seats - the backrest winders are always on the inside, no matter what. Why would it be different on a LHD?

AFAIK no cabby had a split rear seat.

Maybe you had bodged seats before, or a Mk2?

Back to the top

split seats

The guy I bought this one off told me he changed the bases round to make them fit I figured he meant changed the seats around on the bases as I know the runners are the same on lhd or rhd and thought it might of been something to do with the winders or the sliders as for my old car it was a carb on the log book and injection in the bay but the engine numbers matched the log book so it wouldnt surprise me if the seats had been bodged I know the car wasn't a mark 2 as I have loved mark 1 golfs since I was a kid don't know about the seats as I have never had a mark 2 I find them big and ugly only like mark 1 and mark 4 lol

Back to the top
Sounds like Mk2 seats have been fitted.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.