Skip navigation

Golf 1.8 1992 Help

Back to the top

Golf 1.8 1992 Help

Hi,

I'm new, I have a new old US golf cabriolet 1.8 inje.
I wondering if some one can tell me what is those two little hoses on top of my engine.
One of them is cut down.
I'm trying to get my baby golf to shape

And also me engain is coughing and shakes in low speed.. and whan i its lowing down after i am giving fuel.

thanks alot!!

Back to the top
images don't work

try listing them again and we'll be able to see what your on about :)

Banner

Back to the top

jellybelly said

images don't work

try listing them again and we'll be able to see what your on about :)

Hope you will see tham now…

Back to the top
Theres three possible things that could be there, the first is the vacuum advance for the distributor but this should be on the back of the throttle body I thing.  the next is a vacuum for the dash, MPG. and the other I think goes to the air box.

Back to the top

mattgti said

Theres three possible things that could be there, the first is the vacuum advance for the distributor but this should be on the back of the throttle body I thing.  the next is a vacuum for the dash, MPG. and the other I think goes to the air box.

There's at least 2 more things. 4th is the vacuum connection to the brake servo. That's the rigid, darker/shinier pipe. And 5th, which I think you can see with the terminal connection in the pic, is a high idle air bypass valve.

Its really hard to make out because the pic is so huge, you have to scroll back & forth trying to follow pipes, instead of being able to see all the pic on one screen.

Back to the top

paul_c said

mattgti said

There's at least 2 more things. 4th is the vacuum connection to the brake servo. That's the rigid, darker/shinier pipe. And 5th, which I think you can see with the terminal connection in the pic, is a high idle air bypass valve.

Its really hard to make out because the pic is so huge, you have to scroll back & forth trying to follow pipes, instead of being able to see all the pic on one screen.

hope its better…

the car has came with a open Airfilter..
is it better to change it to its original air filter?

thenks..

Back to the top
1 - narrow pipe to distributor, or fuel economy meter (dash)
2 - blanked off. This is okay.
3 - large pipe to connect one way valve to inlet manifold
between 3 and 4 is a one way valve
4 - to brake servo

If you don't have a fuel economy meter, then you'll not need a vacuum connection to it (obviously). Later cars had a couple of additions like high idle bypass, vacuum-operated enrichment switch, etc but these aren't in the pic.

Back to the top

paul_c said

1 - narrow pipe to distributor, or fuel economy meter (dash)
2 - blanked off. This is okay.
3 - large pipe to connect one way valve to inlet manifold
between 3 and 4 is a one way valve
4 - to brake servo

If you don't have a fuel economy meter, then you'll not need a vacuum connection to it (obviously). Later cars had a couple of additions like high idle bypass, vacuum-operated enrichment switch, etc but these aren't in the pic.

I`m very matter about my fuel economy… but i dont whant it to damaged my power.
What is a "vacuum connection"? how do i connect it back?

The blanked off pipe , whare is it connected to?

I`ll like to get my car to the original condition as much as it possible…

Back to the top
Is yours a UK model? Sorry, I only know about UK models, I'd be guessing if its not. I'd rather not guess and then you go and connect or disconnect something, or try to find something that isn't there, etc. so I can't really help out, sorry.

Back to the top

paul_c said

Is yours a UK model? Sorry, I only know about UK models, I'd be guessing if its not. I'd rather not guess and then you go and connect or disconnect something, or try to find something that isn't there, etc. so I can't really help out, sorry.

Hi paul,

Thanks you try out helping me..

maybe some more pic will help…

my car is doing now a 10.5 km per a liter… and i want it to be more economical…

The bubble thing on the hood is disconnected…

The number 1 hose connected this thing on the left

A littel better pic:

two more pics of my 1.8 old engine:

Hope some one can help me solve my fuel problem…

just found it in hynes guide!
i`m not sure what the Vacuum reservoir is for..

Thanks…

Back to the top
vacuum reservoir is for air-con, which you have ;)

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)

Back to the top

rubjonny said

vacuum reservoir is for air-con, which you have ;)

what will hapen if i will disabul that?

Back to the top
maybe nothing, the extra vacuum is held as a 'reserve' for the vac operation of the a/c distribution box. if you remove it you may find there is not enough vacuum power to operate the a/c correctly. there is no reason to delete it, just make sure nothing is leaking!

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.