Skip navigation

1991 1.8 8v Cabby engine

Back to the top

1991 1.8 8v Cabby engine

Hi

I have a mk1 cabby and recently had to rewire in the fuse box for some reason i neglected to label a wire after tracing this back it leads into the engine bay towards the right hand side and attaches to a plate - there is a white clip 3 wires 2 green and a red leading to this plate with 3 wires going to the distributor cap. I have attached a pic below to show where the wires go to. Also from the metering head to the radiator there is a pipe that missing from mine anyone know where i can get this from circled in this picture. Not my car but its identical to my engine

Thanks

KingKhan GTI

Back to the top
Hello Bud, have tried your link several times but no luck im afraid!
When you say the right hand side of the engine bay what direction are you facing? because it sounds like your describing the amplification unit and that technically sits in the nearside position of the scuttle panel. Lefthand side if your sitting in the drivers seat, right hand side if your facing the engine :)

The pipe your talking about from the metering head im guessing is the air inlet hose, this screws to the front panel, near the radiator but not attached to it.

If you get the link to work im sure we can sort it out :)

Do it once and do it right! ok, we've identified the problem, lets not make it worse by guessing……… Identifying the sympton is not the same as understanding the cause :)

Back to the top
I think I have mastered this and all seems well. Thanks for your help.

Looking for a new metering head for mine as iy seems to be broken any ideas..

KingKhan GTI

Back to the top
whats wrong with it?

Do it once and do it right! ok, we've identified the problem, lets not make it worse by guessing……… Identifying the sympton is not the same as understanding the cause :)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.