Skip navigation

1989 GTI CORE PLUG ADVICE

Back to the top

1989 GTI CORE PLUG ADVICE

Hi.  I am after a core plug for a 1989 golf gti cabrio.  I have changed one but another has gone and the place I bought the last one had no more in that size.  Does anyone know where I can get one from?  Also does anyone have a good diagram of the engine block that shows the location of all the core plugs?

Thanks
Martin

Back to the top
I've araldited a 2p coin in before then used some double bond to make sure it didn't come out!

Probably best to find the proper core plug tho!

89 Clipper Cab 20v (97% done!)
97 Peugeot Expert (daily, £510 off of ebay!)
06 Audi A3 (Wifes daily)

Back to the top

Re: 1989 GTI CORE PLUG ADVICE

"smithm123" said

Hi.  I am after a core plug for a 1989 golf gti cabrio.  I have changed one but another has gone and the place I bought the last one had no more in that size.  Does anyone know where I can get one from?  Also does anyone have a good diagram of the engine block that shows the location of all the core plugs?

Thanks
Martin

Can they not order one in for you? Perhaps a pattern part? If theres a minimum order, im sure theres a few people on this site that would have some.

Banner

Back to the top
He said he couldn't get them any more.  I also want a diagram or location of the others, so I can change them all why I'm there.

Back to the top

"smithm123" said

He said he couldn't get them any more.  I also want a diagram or location of the others, so I can change them all why I'm there.

You should be able to get them from your local VW main dealer. The diagram that is. They still have all the plans and conponents on there parts computer. Well, mine have! Failing that you might want to get your hands on the trusty Haines Manual.

Banner

Back to the top
gsf sell them

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.