Skip navigation

1979 Vw Glof mk1 GTi 1.6 series 1

Back to the top

1979 Vw Glof mk1 GTi 1.6 series 1

Hi there I need some help with getting the engine on my golf started.
The car will turn over but wont start, C AR WAS DRIVING
The spark plugs are sparking and I do have fuel going to the engine.
Someone has told me that it could be the vaccum hose, If someone could help me locate it that would be great,
also is there any electrical components or relays that could be the problem

Could anyone tell me how I can tell the diference  between an aftermarket wing an an original wing?
My car has only 2 VDO guages installed in the center console, is this aftermarket or factory standard?

Any help in any way would be great.

DEREKFITS@hotmail.com

Back to the top
Hi and welcome!

If you post up your engine problem into the Technical (big block injection engines) section you should get some help with it from knowledgeable members (people might not see it in this section).
As far as wings go, the most striking difference between pattern wings and VW originals is the strength and quality of the metal. A pattern wing will probably flex when pressed on the largest flat area and the metal feels much thinner when tapped. Often they leave uneven or large panel gaps between the door line or scuttle/bonnet line, where an original wing has smaller and perfectly even gaps. If you think you have one original and one pattern wing, you should be able to compare them and spot the difference in fit and feel. Some pattern wings are better than others, but generally the metal is far far inferior to the originals and they just rust from the inside out, no matter how well you treat and paint the metal they can start bubbling rust through in no time at all.

Back to the top
Created a link to the big block engine technical section.  Hopefully someone can help.  Welcome to the site  :wink:

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.