Skip navigation

78 JB 1457cc weber conversion

Back to the top
Evening all, just spent all afternoon fitting my replacement weber kit, only to get to the point of fitting the accelerator cable (auto gearbox) only to find its no good because of the kickdown spring and the fact the the throttle butterfly operates clockwise on the weber and anti clockwise on the solex (pict34-5), originally the spring goes on the back of the accelerator cable after it has gone through the throttle linkage, and it's cant go this way on the weber because it holds the throttle open constantly, I've tried putting it before the linkage, while this sorts out the throttle open problem, the cable is then 'half actuated' at the gearbox end!!! 

I got the kit from crazyqiffs, and it's a 1.6 carb with a modified manifold, he's a stand up guy and all the kit is top notch but I've just been informed that its only me and another guy that have bought it so far! I got it because my old solex was cutting out on light throttle, but it was fine beforehand, it ticks over fine and runs ok when ya give it some welly, but decided to change as I'm using the car next weekend for my mates wedding. Turns out to have been more of a hassle than a help! 

It's a long shot but does anyone have any ideas? Would I need a 1.6 cable or a shorter kickdown spring?? Or something of the like?  

Cheers

'78 Golf LS 20vt

‘08 Mk5 Edition 30 DSG

Back to the top
This bit is all sorted now, modified the bracket and its all good!

'78 Golf LS 20vt

‘08 Mk5 Edition 30 DSG

Back to the top
Hi white,
            Would you kindly do an how to as regards fitting / setup for the weber on an auto as not one has been done and it would help other's.
Best wishes
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.