Skip navigation

1990 clipper rough idle when cold fine when warm HELP

Back to the top

1990 clipper rough idle when cold fine when warm HELP

hey guys my other halfs clipper turns ok but the as it firers it seems to runs at about 500rpm "lumpy" making the engine sort of wobble back and forward and more often than not stalls, if you take it to about 1500rpm it doesnt stall, but still runs lumpy.
it sounds "uneven" and out of time not rymthmic if that makes sense? but as soon as its warm, around 5-10 mins standing at 1500rpm or about 2-3 miles driving, its fine, turn her off and she starts perfect ticks over perfect and idles about 800-900rmp.

here is the engine and carb when i replaced the "flange"……
 PLEASE HELP ASAP AS WE ARE MEANT TO BE GOING AWAY TO EUROPE IN THE CLIPPER ON SUNDAY

THANKS GUYS!

Back to the top
1st thing i can see is a disconnected vac hose to the pulldown unit (black plastic thingy on the front)

I can also see a disconnected vac hose coming from the chunky brake servo hose, and also another disconnected hose to the round green vacuum reservoir tank.

also the carb heater is disconnected too!

the green tank and pulldown unit hoses should be joined to the brake servo hose with a Y piece. this appears to be missing, but if you're lucky it might be stioll on the end of the vac line to the green ball.

the carb heator wire should be joined to a black single spade wire which comes out with the wiring to the 2 2 pin plugs to the rear of the carb, i think it might be the one cable tied to the servo hose. if so, and thast wire has earthed, possible the fuse for this has blown which will stop all the electrical items on carby from functioning.

check fuse #17 once you plug the carb heater back in, and make sure its insulated if theres any bare spade or wire showing, some tape over the connection should be enough.

also, have a read of the 2e2 faq post sticked at the top of this section, hopefully this will help you id all the vac connections etc :)

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.