Skip navigation

First timers

Back to the top

Brilliant Weekend, Thank You!

Just wanted to say a big Thanks to everyone who made that such a great weekend.

It was our first time going to any event like this, and the cars first journey after 23 years off the road!

We almost didn't make it having passed the MOT on Thursday, and the 153 mile journey taking 9 hours on Friday thanks to a couple of break downs! But we did make it and we had a great weekend!

The drive out on Saturday was fantastic, what a sight!

Thank you to everyone who was friendly and helpful, really good atmosphere, picked up a lot of advice, and great to see some awesome cars there.

Sat night was a good laugh, polishing the car first thing Sunday morning, still pretty unsteady on our feet was a first ;)

We will definitely be coming next year, really got the bug now! hopefully I'll get my own mk1 by then so me and my mate will try and bring 2 cars! We might even remember to bring tent poles next time!

Oh and yes, we will def be becoming paid members very shortly! 

Back to the top
Glad you had a good time.

I was chatting with you on Saturday night about side decals when you burnt your chicken on the barbecue! :$.

Back to the top
Glad you had a great time guys

you will be hooked now!

i am already counting down the days to next years AGM :-)

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
I've not heard one bad comment about the AGM weekend on here or speaking to folk yesterday. Congrats and thanks to everyone who helped to make it what it was.  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:

Back to the top

Yomp said

Glad you had a good time.

I was chatting with you on Saturday night about side decals when you burnt your chicken on the barbecue! :$.

That's why he burnt it - you bored him to sleep!!!  :lol:

Back to the top
haha, we burnt the ribs and the lamb and the sausages too, but we now know how to put the decals on, how to stop the bonnet flexing at speed, and why we have no 5th gear! Thanks! :)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.