Skip navigation

not looking good :( anyone else not going to make it?

Back to the top

not looking good :( anyone else not going to make it?

well after rushing about to try and get everything sorted, fixed, topped up, camping stuff packed in to the boot, fancy dress outfit finished, car cleaned, waxed  and polished, i took it for a test drive and it nearly caught fire! it was only a short drive so i cant see it making it to the agm :( im gutted!
so many thing have been going wrong recently. supercharger broke, borrowed a new one (so cool of Toby to lend it to me considering we have never even met in person!) got the oil changed and most of it leaked out. petrol squirting out of the end of the fuel rail! now the borrowed charger's oil seals are going and have oils has been blasting into the nice clean engine bay and also dripping onto the manifold. will it be ok? i don't want to risk it but i really want to go!

is any one else having problems that means they cant go?

Rich

Back to the top
Come in your other car and join us all for the saturday night / sunday

Mk1 2l TSR G60.  .getting. There twice as fast

Mk1 lhd diesel…….getting. There for half the cost

Back to the top
come in the santana!!

i went in a pugeuot the other year

at least thats a vw :)

Banner

Back to the top
Il say after mot the mornin lol

It dunt fit

Back to the top

BigandDaft said

You crazy man   8O

Back to the top

Spudfingers said

BigandDaft said

You crazy man   8O

you damm right fella if all goes well il be having a good drink on Friday smoking a fat cigar if all goes well, not even tuck it for a test run since engine was finished so tomorrow will be a big learning curve

It dunt fit

Back to the top
I wont be making it this year unfortunatly :-(

Back to the top
i to have now realised it was a massve gamble.i have taken over 10 days off work and have been let down as the car still languishing all miserable in a corner of my sprayers garage.not going to go on and on but,i am more than annoyed at some peoples attitude.will be there though on the sunday

Back to the top
The santana ran out of tax at the end of last month and I can afford to re tax it because of the supercharger going wrong with no warranty. Thanks g werks.
If I tax the santana, I may not have the golf ready for the Germany trip. Plus I am buying another car now. A 1985 b2 passat cl estate :D 2 winter projects.
Hmm. Tough choice to be made. I need to see jellybelly about the raincoat too. Perfect summer for a rain coat lol

Back to the top
I'm not going. Well I was but were still on the a1 my fan gave up the ghost and im currently waiting for a breakdown truck to come pain in the bottom but the weather is terrible too and its waterlogged at the agm maybe next year.

Back to the top

agm

if its any consolation i wont be goin in my golf either,,engine seized last sunday....gutted...goin on sunday in the shopping car(focus) :(
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.