Skip navigation

No Cycling at the AGM

Back to the top

No Cycling at the AGM

It is with regret that the Committee ask that you don't bring bicycles with you to the AGM this year - whether you are a parent or someone who has a BMX or similar (Mini Motos etc aren't allowed as per pevious years)

The reason for asking is because last year we had an accident involving a child falling from her bike. A head injury was sustained necessitating an ambulance being called, a weekend stay in hospital and follow up visits to te hospital for furher treatment thereafter. Luckily she has made a recovery and is on the mend to full heath.

There is no easy of saying this, but we as a Committe would not like a repeat of the same incident. We understand that it may be disappointing for those intending on bring bikes for their children to ride or themselves but we have to look at a bigger picture.

Should someone be injured, whether that be a child or an adult and there be more serious, lasting consequences then the victim or family may look for redress against the club. As a voluntary Committee we'd would dearly like to avoid the upset, stress and anxiety that pointed fingers would bring to individuals who are trying to bring you a successful event.

Although I have posted this message it is the view of the whole Committee and we ask that you respect the request leave the bikes and mini Motos at home. (Or we'll let your tyres down!!!  :lol: )

Thanks,
The Committee.

Back to the top
Deffo not bringing the bike this year :wink:

1983(Y) VW GOLF GTi

Banner

Back to the top
Bert you can still bring the blow up doll, mind you did it have slow puncture? I heard it went down on you a couple of times over the weekend :wink:

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top

A5OPY said

Bert you can still bring the blow up doll, mind you did it have slow puncture? I heard it went down on you a couple of times over the weekend :wink:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

1983(Y) VW GOLF GTi

Banner

Back to the top
Not allowed bikes in case someone falls off!!!!T :roll: he worlds gone mad! Gotta love our mate the health and safety executive.  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

1983 1.5gl cabriolet in yellow, its the nuts!

Back to the top

yellowcab said

Not allowed bikes in case someone falls off!!!!T :roll: he worlds gone mad! Gotta love our mate the health and safety executive.  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

No. It's the committee members not wanting to be held responsible for any claims of negligence in the event of a serious injury. We had a lucky escape last year…. As did the young lady who was injured.

Thanks for your understanding all.

Back to the top
I think that is a sensible and probably difficult decision that the committee has made. I hope everybody respects that, I know that incident was very stressful for the family.
There was a second minor injury last year again involving a young lad flicking the peddle back into his chin which also meant he was taken to hospital, luckily by a family member who had not been drinking.
It's just not worth it.
Well done committee

1979 mk1 Golf Gti (Dan)
1983 mk1 Golf gti G60 (little-un)

1991 mk2 Golf Country Chrome Edition
2010 T5 Karmann Colorado

2012 mk6 Golf Tdi convertible
2019 Skoda Octavia Sport ( it’s Golf)

Back to the top

A5OPY said

she does get a little deflated at times,and she does go down on a few of the midlanders,but us lads soon blow her up again so all is fine  :wink:

The only problem is ans4rs bike is the poo bike,it enables a quick yet environmentally friendly method of getting to the toilet block  :wink:
Bert

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top

Bert said

A5OPY said

she does get a little deflated at times,and she does go down on a few of the midlanders,but us lads soon blow her up again so all is fine

its your turn to clean her out, i think daz used the straw last you'll have to get it off him  :mrgreen:

Back to the top

mAtt- said

Bert said

A5OPY said

she does get a little deflated at times,and she does go down on a few of the midlanders,but us lads soon blow her up again so all is fine

its your turn to clean her out, i think daz used the straw last you'll have to get it off him  :mrgreen:

:lol:  yes
Bert

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.