Skip navigation

Mk2 Golf 20v turbo, car is now near complete

Back to the top

Built to go not for show

golf_coupe said

im sure jays was 280 odds after dave had played with it and fixed the generic map that came with it that was overfuelling badly

Yeah that was on the same rollers. I know my engines good just need to do a bit more looking.. Thinking about rewiring it but trying to delay that as long as poss. I'm 10% down its just finding it :lol: :p

Back to the top
Well i done another pressure test today and found another 2 boost leaks at 0.9 bar. They were at both sides of a silicone elbow underneath the car. Got them sorted and double clamped them:)
Also had a delivery Thursday and today.
From forge twin piston atmospheric bov and actuator

The recirculating one goes back on Monday

Plus tfsi coilpack adaptor plates from awsome gti

Now I thought the new key would stay with no keyring on it but I think il allow this one.

With the boost leaks fixed, the damaged silicone pipe replaced and the new bov valve fitted also cleaned all the cars earths the mk2s back in business  :) 
Feels so much stronger and even sounding better. I knew I wasn't just used to it lol.. 
It's put a massive grin on my face all day. Iv not stopped driving it :D

Back to the top
Can't beat a bit of Forge kit mate. :)

Love the key mod. Gonna have to blatantly copy that if you don't mind  :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top

smudger1980 said

Can't beat a bit of Forge kit mate. :)

Love the key mod. Gonna have to blatantly copy that if you don't mind  :lol:  :lol:

Yeah they are well made! I was set on getting Collins stuff but these are bolt on and proven. Copy away dude :thumbs:  :thumbs: 
Where did you get ur manifold? Jon p had a bit hassle with it but he fitted it with the engine in yeah?

Back to the top
Glad you've sorted it now Chris, happy days!  :cool:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

Glad you've sorted it now Chris, happy days!  :cool:

Cheers Andy :) Pretty chuffed  Going to get price through the week on getting the boost pipes done in stainless and lose the majority of the silicone joints now :thumbs: 

Back to the top
Now that will look good  :cool:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

Now that will look good  :cool:

Well hopefully it'll look better:) but its mainly to ensure the reliability. Il need to speak to the pro no :thumbs: w

Back to the top

Dubbuds said

smudger1980 said

Can't beat a bit of Forge kit mate. :)Love the key mod. Gonna have to blatantly copy that if you don't mind  :lol: :lol:
Yeah they are well made! I was set on getting Collins stuff but these are bolt on and proven. Copy away dude :thumbs: :thumbs:Where did you get ur manifold? Jon p had a bit hassle with it but he fitted it with the engine in yeah?
Was watching a new key like that on Ebay.de last night that sold for £125 !!! Not paying that :(Got the manifold with the KO4 and injectors as part of a deal. It was an absolute pi$$er to fit with 2 of the nuts almost impossible to do up. Good old JP got there in the end though. Think Pete had similar issues with his spending somehting like 8 hours putting it on :O

Back to the top

smudger1980 said

Dubbuds said

smudger1980 said

Can't beat a bit of Forge kit mate. :)Love the key mod. Gonna have to blatantly copy that if you don't mind  :lol: :lol:
Yeah they are well made! I was set on getting Collins stuff but these are bolt on and proven. Copy away dude :thumbs: :thumbs:Where did you get ur manifold? Jon p had a bit hassle with it but he fitted it with the engine in yeah?
Was watching a new key like that on Ebay.de last night that sold for £125 !!! Not paying that :(Got the manifold with the KO4 and injectors as part of a deal. It was an absolute pi$$er to fit with 2 of the nuts almost impossible to do up. Good old JP got there in the end though. Think Pete had similar issues with his spending somehting like 8 hours putting it on :O

£125 :o that's carazy! There was 2 at the show and I was close to buying the 2. I should have now… He wanted £50 a piece but £40 got me one. I think il leave the mani then sounds a lot of work with the lump in :'( looks like it gives good gains thou :thumbs:

Back to the top
They are nice bits of kit. Mine was fitted with the engine out whereas I think Pete fitted his with engine in. Might be a bit more access in the MK2?

If you stumble across another key let me know mate. £40 for a genuine one I can live with :lol:

Back to the top

smudger1980 said

They are nice bits of kit. Mine was fitted with the engine out whereas I think Pete fitted his with engine in. Might be a bit more access in the MK2?

If you stumble across another key let me know mate. £40 for a genuine one I can live with :lol:

Maybe but there's still not to much room down there! What kind of money is in them?
Il keep my eyes open for you on the key. I'm going to get another uncut one off eBay but just a normal one this time  :cool:

Back to the top
I got mine with the KO4 but I think there's a fella on ClubGTI who can get them for about £200?

I payed £450 for the KO4, injectors, fuel rail, some oil pipes, fpr and manifold :)

Back to the top

smudger1980 said

I got mine with the KO4 but I think there's a fella on ClubGTI who can get them for about £200?

I payed £450 for the KO4, injectors, fuel rail, some oil pipes, fpr and manifold :)

That's a good buy for all that smudge :thumbs:

I'm thinking about 550 injectors but was surprised at the cost :'( maybe not just now 

Back to the top
I have got Genesis green ones in mine……

HERE

Back to the top
There the good ones with great reviews.. Bit to much coin for me atm. I'm going to look into other car makers injectors and see if there might be a salvage option out there :lol:

Back to the top
So I think iv decided against an lsd for the mk2 for now. The corrado that iv partially sold to a mate is going to be donering its o2a gearbox flanges for the Mk1 when its stripped and now its going to be suppling the centre tunnel floor section for the mk2:)

Looks like this

Long list of rare parts required for this but I'm going to keep my eyes open and pick them up hopefully as they come along..

What do you think of this plan guys? And can you tell which route I'm going?

Back to the top
Not being an expert I would say 4wd?????

Don't shoot me if I am wrong though as it's a guess :lol: :lol:

Back to the top
Yeah got it in one mate. Don't think its easy to get the parts these days thou so that could take time.. But il start off by looking for the rear end stuff  hopefully can get the lot instead of bit by bit.
Can't see it taking long to get in once iv got all the parts.
Keep ur eyes peeled for me:)

Back to the top
You might find some stuff on eBay.de mate. usually a good place to start.

1 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.