Skip navigation

projet tank

Back to the top

projet tank

My rear oh ahhh

Back to the top
And my chin ! Thanks MO no arms . HA HA

Back to the top
Also got two fans off  Tbay  NICE . So my lock up will breathe and iv `e  got some 3M bag sealer and a 3M gun on  order and a airfed mask .

Back to the top
Hi all just to let you all know iv`e posted a write up on haw to build a roll over jig in the mk1 golf chat .
called roll over jig.take a look. 8)  And a big thank you to Mo for all your help fella and writeing it up :D

Back to the top
Hi all its been a long time but i have been busy helping my mate Mo on his mk2 golf check out mk2 forum under the vdubman in members rides but i have also been working on my lock up to get it to a good shape for painting the mk1.
so the mk1 shell has been painted know i will get some photo up just as soon as i recall haw again lol.

Back to the top
Right so first the clean up of lock up by Mo doing a freddie .

Back to the top
Then we masked car and the lock up to keep dust to a minimum . and we also suited up.Mo you need some more pies mate lol.

Back to the top
 I need less pies i think oh and i did put some 3m bag sealer on first here i am with my belly in the way .:lol:
Did all bottom of car sills back front love this stuff:thumbs:

Back to the top
Good masking job on the garage although it looks like you're prepping for a murder!  :lol:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
So here i am on the gun for my fisrt real paint job.:cool:

Back to the top
just read the whole thread, you've done some great work so far can't wait to see her finished mate!

Back to the top
Ok so i got the primer on then me and Mo sanded  car got base on and had two small sages not runs and one waterfall:lol:But not bad for a newbie i dont think. So blocked them back and hit
it with clear . Know this is were i maid a school boy error . and a big one at that. i pick up my gun that i thought was a 1.4 tip but it was my 1.8 tip gun which i bought in error .I then dusted my first layer on.
And left to flash of for 15mins had a look and it looked good so know i did a full pass  and it went on so thick it was a mess .:'( so Mo and me rubbed the hole car down again he s a good un you know.
and i did it all again .much better this time thankfully here some photos of paint.Top photo new paint bottom photo is my mess up :ocf_emoticons__BangHead:

Last edit: by scrag

Back to the top
So then i tryed my wings on that i have two sets of.That are reproduction Know i have stone chipped the inside and painted them and when i fitted both set s i thought i don`t like the look of these at all.
So i looked on ebay. And ended up ordering some genuine wings from VW heritage should get them tomorrow.:thumbs:hope they fit well .
So need to learn haw to buff now and if i balls that up i might be back on the gun soon :lol:

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

Good masking job on the garage although it looks like you're prepping for a murder!  :lol:

Thanks still got some poo in paint and i wet  the floorto. My mate wanted to murder me when we had to rub the hole car down again .because i messed up :$

Back to the top

Melteddrummer said

just read the whole thread, you've done some great work so far can't wait to see her finished mate!
Thank you i can`t wait i can see it done to some light at the end of the tunnel  . only a little but its there .

Last edit: by scrag

Back to the top
The genuine wings have turned up and they fit like a glove . :thumbs: need to sell my repros know

Back to the top
Cool project mate. Wish I had your skills in the paint booth :)

Good luck with the project.  :thumbs:

Back to the top

smudger said

Cool project mate. Wish I had your skills in the paint booth :)Good luck with the project.  :thumbs:
Thanks mate if you think mines cool take a look at my mates blog http://www.vwgolfmk2.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=19827

Back to the top
I'll have a read when I get a sec. Love a good resto thread :)

Back to the top
Wow good idea to shultz the body first prior to paint lol.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.