Skip navigation

project Adahlia - mk1 driver restoration

Back to the top

project Adahlia - mk1 driver restoration

getting it next weekend, too much on this weekend!

can't wait 8)

still going to be 17 months til the car is done though :(

going to start stripping and rebuilding the engine in a few weeks.

engine spec is going to be something like this:

bored to 1900 with 83mm forged pistons, big valve P&P head, fully balanced bottom end with lightened flywheel, race spec G lader, rallye u bend outlet, large FMIC, BBM fuel rail, red top injectors, devilsown water/alcohol injection, 65 or 68mm pulley, chipped ECU, ultimate road cam and toothed drive kit.

:twisted:

1983 Polo CL - daily

1984 Golf G60 Syncro - sold

1989 Rallye Golf - sold

1992 Corrado G60 - crushed

1989 Polo C - chopped and crushed

1991 309 Style - crushed

Back to the top
should be pretty mean then! be carefull if you use the tooth belt drive, they eat belts! as long as you dont go too small on the pulley you wont get belt slip

also the Rallye elbow pipe is very restrictive, the Bahn Brenner outlet is much better and still allows you to use a larger Rallye intercooler than the corrado small one, if you can get a Rallye one to fit on a mk1???????

a 65mm pulley is gonna be harsh man! I had a 68mm on my Rallye and that gave plenty of boost for a road car and is far less likely to detonate your charger!

I take it you are using the whole G60 brake set up? you will need it :D

92 Sportline in Flash Red, Standard **SOLD**

91 G60 Corrado in Aqua Blue pearl

91 Rallye Golf, Tornado Red, AMD tuned to 220bhp 227 flb torque 9j x16 Borbet B alloys

1985 B Alpine white mk2 Golf Gti

Back to the top
corrado is getting delivered tomorrow.

i'm actually really excited, even though i won't be driving the car and it will be sat in my garage for ages til i pull the engine out, it seems like a kind of milestone i suppose, and a bloody bargain :mrgreen:

it has a new G werks stainless system with de cat, new shocks and new discs and calipers if anyone is after anything!

1983 Polo CL - daily

1989 Rallye Golf - sold

1991 309 Style - crushed

Back to the top
280mm discs? i know someone who would be after teh whole setip, couple of polo owners on cp, pm me a price for the front brake setup and ill pass on the details to him

it will be a beast fella, i would use as near to standard pulley as possible but go with toothed belts. Your engine will be putting out more than enough power and g-laders are pretty sensitive chargers.

is this going to be a daily as well as a track monster, cos if its just a weekend toy or so it wont matter too much

Back to the top
let me have a few blasts up the road in it first saf :lol:

it's going to be a summer daily, on dry days :lol:

out for 6 months a year then drive the breadvan the rest of the year round.

i'll have a think about the parts etc and prices and i'll let you know :y:

1983 Polo CL - daily

1989 Rallye Golf - sold

1991 309 Style - crushed

Back to the top
oooh breadvan, pics please :D

Back to the top

don't be deceived by the picture, it's nowhere near as tidy as that!

:lol:

sod the mk1, g60 breadvan ;)

1983 Polo CL - daily

1989 Rallye Golf - sold

1991 309 Style - crushed

Back to the top
its all about 1Ws these days. seat terra 1.5 diesel blocks with a g40 head and enlarged valves and pistons but a gt engine on bike carbs is mighty cheap and mighty fast! anyway i should be stopping you from spending money on the bready but i love polos, that needs and 80/60 kit with some mk2 golf driver steels :)

Back to the top
no money/modding is going on the breadvan!!!!

well, except these wheels that came on the mk1:

and some ghetto arch rolling with a hammer 'cause the 185s rubbed…

1983 Polo CL - daily

1989 Rallye Golf - sold

1991 309 Style - crushed

Back to the top
lol and so it starts, wheels leads to lowering kits, lead to changing wheel bearings then if its your daily for long enough youll end up changing the seats (if i see any uber cheap lowering kits for the polo ill give you a shout)

otherwise i know what you mean about trying not to spend money on other cars when you have one that shouuld be the main point of focus but mehhhhhh we only live once fuck it, chop the springs on that olop and get your belly scraping on the floor

Back to the top
Come on John wheres these pics

Back to the top

starter motor is bust on it, so a few of the lads pushed us down the road and bumped it, didn't feel all that fast, almost as if it was misfiring. somehow managed to stall it so they had to drive down from the unit to where i was to bump it again!

could hardly steer/turn the thing, proper mission.

bumped it again and drove it back up the road, doing about 40 in 4th and went past my mate who was waiting at the unit. dropped it into 2nd and it flew off :) not actually driven anything as fast before.

got the car into the unit and had a gander round it. the lad who i bought it off put it through a hedge when he was asleep :roll: had a look round the front end, seen that he managed to mash the waterpump, sump, power steering pump (i think?) and one of the supercharger brackets.

now i know why it was so hard to steer the thing :roll:

the rest of the car is in excellent condition though and all up for grabs ;)

1983 Polo CL - daily

1989 Rallye Golf - sold

1991 309 Style - crushed

Back to the top
are the front wings any good and up for grabs,???

Back to the top
passenger side is all good as far as i have seen, will have a proper gander for you tomorrow. driver's side is knackered

cheers

1983 Polo CL - daily

1989 Rallye Golf - sold

1991 309 Style - crushed

Back to the top
ok how about driver side door mirror and centrel lockin pump in rear quarter??  any prices??

Back to the top
Glad to see you got the Corrado in the workshop :D  shame its a bit duffed up, you would be very impressed with the drive/handling and power of a G60 rado,  :oops:  my mate couldnt catch mine in his 54 plate cupra R the other day, and mines still totally standard engine wise, think it was the bends that got him :D

That will be an awesome mk1 when your done, especially as a Corrado weighs nearly twice (1500kg same as a Rallye) what your gonna be putting the G60 engine in wheighs just over 800kg`s!

I could do with a few bits for my Corrado john, shall i pm you a little wish list :P  

I can also help you out on some realistic pricing of the parts you dont need, some stuff is impossible/hard to find for corrado as its  been made obselete at the dealers and has been for a fair few years :roll:

I take it you will be using the brakes and running gear on your mk1?

92 Sportline in Flash Red, Standard **SOLD**

91 G60 Corrado in Aqua Blue pearl

91 Rallye Golf, Tornado Red, AMD tuned to 220bhp 227 flb torque 9j x16 Borbet B alloys

1985 B Alpine white mk2 Golf Gti

Back to the top
totr you have PM ;)

russ - passenger wing is in good nick, driver's mirror is also in good nick, electrics fully functioning - could do with a t cut - mirror glass is a bit shoddy round the edges

not sure about the central locking stuff yet, going to have a look and might use it on the golf.

if anyone is interested in the rado bits, PMs please ;)

1983 Polo CL - daily

1989 Rallye Golf - sold

1991 309 Style - crushed

Back to the top
Exciting times John, keep up the good work.  Your golf will fly with the G60!!  All the best

:wink:

Back to the top
sent pm :lol:

Back to the top
Hows it coming along? Any progress and pics??

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.