Skip navigation

Project 504...**Its staying **

Back to the top

Project 504...**Its staying **

cheers mate

Back to the top
Loving the paint mate.... its going to be one amazing car.

Madone with the two Cabs 82 (UK RHD) and 85 (US LHD) (92 sold)

Back to the top
Ive ordered a load of parts from VW which are due to be delivered tomorrow so will hopefully make some progress over the weekend.

Bought a Trimsport rear brace and trial fitted it tonight, pictures are crap as the car is still up on its side and it was pretty dark in the garage but you'll get the idea.

Back to the top
lookin ace mate when u gona do the out side of the car with paint .
that bay looks  the the puppys parts  :lol:

Back to the top

mk1ash said

lookin ace mate when u gona do the out side of the car with paint .
that bay looks  the the puppys parts  :lol:

i'm planning to have the car ready for Ultimate Dubs in march, so the car be painted just before that around start of feb

Back to the top
I ordered a load of parts from VW but a few were missing so I wasn?t able to fit a couple of bits, but made some progress.

I cleaned up the fuel tank and painted it body color along with the straps to hold it in place, had to remove the rubber strips but I just got some spray glue and stuck them back on after painting. Quite happy with the results, it was a bit of a rush job so I just painted it at home with aerosols (A chrome tank is on the cards for after Ultimate dubs)   B)

After getting a mounting kit from VW I also managed to fit the rear axle which I had chrome last year.

Fitted the front wishbones and ball joints

New Steering rack, I?m planning to get the mounts chromed but I just painted them body color for now.

Here?s a another better pic of my rear Strut Brace

I?m sort of stuck at the moment until I get my suspension, then I can get the rest of the running gear fitted and get the car onto its wheels and get the engine in.

Back to the top
WOW!!  8O  8O

thats impressive!!

Back to the top
keep em coming, its nice to see the bare bones turn back into a stunning car, truely is a nut and bolt rebuild 8)

92 Sportline in Flash Red, Standard **SOLD**

91 G60 Corrado in Aqua Blue pearl

91 Rallye Golf, Tornado Red, AMD tuned to 220bhp 227 flb torque 9j x16 Borbet B alloys

1985 B Alpine white mk2 Golf Gti

Back to the top

Topoftherange said

truely is a nut and bolt rebuild 8)

Aye ur not joking, ive a receipt as long as ur arm for bolts, nuts and washers……… :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
How jelous am i  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen: ???? Totally stunning

1989 VW GOLF GTI CABRIO

1997 VW POLO 1.0L

2003 VW PASSAT TDI 130 SPORT

Back to the top

Back to the top
looks great chris, the chrome parts looks really good against the shiney blue!
Going to be some car when it's done.

1983 1500 GL Resto

2003 Leon Cupra

Back to the top

dannyk said

the chrome parts looks really good against the shiney blue!

U know Danny i was worried about the colour a few days before painting it and just about changed my mind to something else. Glad i didnt now as the contrast of the two works so well IMO.

dannyk said

Going to be some car when it's done.

Aye WHEN, its feels like i still have 100's to do………. thats prob beacuse i do  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
Wow. 8O  quite simply stunning, I wish I had even a small bit of the patience/will power required to take on a project like this, you'll be grinning like a little kid at xmas when it's done.

Back to the top
That looks awesome - nicely done 8)

Is there any reason why you've put the fuel lines on the other side of the underside?

Rich

Back to the top

mcscrew said

Is there any reason why you've put the fuel lines on the other side of the underside?

Rich

for some strange reason i thot they were suposed to go down the opposite side on a 16v conversion. Ive switched them round tonight. :dontknow: stupid moment :mrgreen:

Back to the top
Top Notch, can't wait to see the finished article.  On the subject of the fuel lines, where did you get them from, and if you don't mind me asking how much were they.

Greig.

First Golf, lots of work. I've started so I'll finish!

Back to the top

x5pea said

mcscrew said

Rich

for some strange reason i thot they were suposed to go down the opposite side on a 16v conversion. Ive switched them round tonight. :dontknow: stupid moment :mrgreen:

They DO go on the other side, on a 16V conversion. Unless you're using a Scirocco inlet manifold.

Back to the top

Macca said

Top Notch, can't wait to see the finished article.  On the subject of the fuel lines, where did you get them from, and if you don't mind me asking how much were they.

Greig.

got them from Crazy quiff on here , canny mind how much they were about 100 maybe

Back to the top

paul_c said

x5pea said

mcscrew said

Rich

They DO go on the other side, on a 16V conversion. Unless you're using a Scirocco inlet manifold.

They fit perferctly on the driver side, ive got special fuel lines which are designed for the mk1 16v conversion. Spoke to crazy quiff who i got t hem from and hes said they run down the drivers side as they have been made specially for the job :dontknow:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.