Skip navigation

Piers' 1983 Driver - 20v conversion project

Back to the top

Piers' 1983 Driver - 20v conversion project

yeah bill and his brother matt are getting stuck in with theirs :)

not really to be honest mate. im not rushing the lad whos doing it as im wanting to be as involved as i can and help with prep etc.
it will be on the road this summer hopefully

Back to the top
Had a good hour on the car last night and got loads done. First job was to take the interior back out and the front lights and bumper off. I then got stuck into the dash and took that all out. 

Then it was out with the loom and the glass

Few more bits to take out but it's getting there nicely. 

Back to the top
Coming along nicely matey. What colour you going for or is it top secret??

Back to the top
Looks good Piers can't wait to see this rolling to shows :-) hopefully have mine back out then too!
What colour are you going?! Tell us!

- Project 5dr gl - 16v Kr - R1 Carbs = Back On Road

Back to the top
its going blue :)

Hi Faye! long time no see! that KR engine went eventually… i wasnt sure if you still wanted it and someone turned up with the money and took it.
it shouldnt be too long before its out and about. Will make a few of the local meets again…  :thumbs:
hows yours coming along?  

Back to the top

Piers said

Hi Faye! long time no see! that KR engine went eventually… i wasnt sure if you still wanted it and someone turned up with the money and took it.
it shouldnt be too long before its out and about. Will make a few of the local meets again…  :thumbs:
hows yours coming along?  

No worries, was told you were going to ring me to get it collected but when you sold it I figured that wasn't the case! lol but I've just brought one so I'm just trying to get everything togther and find somewhere to get it sprayed and welded :-)

- Project 5dr gl - 16v Kr - R1 Carbs = Back On Road

Back to the top

FayeC said

Piers said

hows yours coming along?  

No worries, was told you were going to ring me to get it collected but when you sold it I figured that wasn't the case! lol but I've just brought one so I'm just trying to get everything togther and find somewhere to get it sprayed and welded :-)

Im sorry… have you managed to sort everything you need? i had this lad really interested and as id not heard anything i let him have it as i needed it gone. Glad you sorted another tho.

Pop down to Richard and Jim at full circle and tell them i sent you. they are in kilburn by the jet station off the A38

Back to the top
Just ordered some rear spats for the arches :) brand new genuine parts.

Back to the top

Piers said

Just ordered some rear spats for the arches :) brand new genuine parts.

:thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:

Back to the top
I'll have to watch out for this one, you're pretty local to me ( live in derby, work in belper) and have just acquired a 20v for my 83 gti…

Met caddy bill and Matt the other night, it's good to have like minded people about…

Good work so far, keep it up!

Back to the top

Simple2107 said

I'll have to watch out for this one, you're pretty local to me ( live in derby, work in belper) and have just acquired a 20v for my 83 gti…

Met caddy bill and Matt the other night, it's good to have like minded people about…

Good work so far, keep it up!

Oh sweet! Where in Belper do you work? Will have to pop in to full Circle and say hello 

Back to the top
Bit of prep done today. Getting there

Back to the top

Piers said

Oh sweet! Where in Belper do you work? Will have to pop in to full Circle and say hello 

Work nr ds smith packaging on derby rd.

Came into full circle last Saturday, looking for Richards… My wife's cousin Ben had bought some mk1 wings, and I collected them for him.

The lad there(doing up his vr6 mk2) said there was a garage in belper that made up flexi pipes- do you know which one?

Back to the top
peirs iv done mk3 1.8t conv mk2 vr and caddy 1.8t conv   i know the basics pal

Back to the top
Every little helps Piers. Good luck with it mate.

Back to the top

caddybill said

peirs iv done mk3 1.8t conv mk2 vr and caddy 1.8t conv   i know the basics pal

when did you do them? lol…

you down this week? im down tonight and tomorrow and then any other night when i have time

Back to the top

Simple2107 said

Piers said

Work nr ds smith packaging on derby rd.

Came into full circle last Saturday, looking for Richards… My wife's cousin Ben had bought some mk1 wings, and I collected them for him.

The lad there(doing up his vr6 mk2) said there was a garage in belper that made up flexi pipes- do you know which one?

no iv not heard of anywhere that does that… i will ask mark (mk2 lad) and see where it is.

Back to the top
yea its called belper auto tec i had a set made for my caddy !

Back to the top
mk3 was end of last year caddy was jimmy we did 2 years ago and marks vr

Back to the top
Had another hour on the car last night… started removing the stone chip paint from the rear… managed to get a blade behind it and pull most of it off. Getting there now :)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.