Skip navigation

My mk1 Build *S1 dash now in, pg9*

Back to the top

My mk1 Build *S1 dash now in, pg9*

wow, that's so freaking clean! thumbs up, man!
… here in Canada we can't get anything smaller than 1.8L for mk1… well, 1.6 diesel but they are very rare!

91 golf - RIP|88 jetta - sold|97 golf - RIP|98 golf - sold|2007 Rabbit - RIP|2010 GTI - sold|88 Cabriolet - daily

Back to the top
Cheers mate. Its an original s1 yeah. One of the last. The switch over was 1980 so Im lucky its an early '80

Back to the top
damn, your lucky to have found it then? noticed the maestro's in the photos and the capri very nice :) ,are they mg maestro's or just normal run of the mill maestro? and the capri's a 1.6 gl is'nt it?

mwalker

Back to the top
Yep, pretty lucky :)

The maestros were MG maestro 2.0 EFI's. Both broken for spares now for a few mint ones we have

Yeah, the capri is a 1.6GL

514rabbit said

wow, that's so freaking clean! thumbs up, man!
… here in Canada we can't get anything smaller than 1.8L for mk1… well, 1.6 diesel but they are very rare!

I must admit though, the car is looking nothing like this anymore. Im going to rebuild/respray it next year if I have time

Back to the top
in what way does it not look the same any more? the maestro's are wicked cars,i dont know much about them but there just another one of those cars that dont normally get a looking of most folk and i dont see why because they have lots of potential :) and the capri is lovely, i have seen it about perth and i always stop and stare at it because its that clean and its not your usual laser model aswell :)

mwalker

Back to the top

mk1marc said

in what way does it not look the same any more? the maestro's are wicked cars,i dont know much about them but there just another one of those cars that dont normally get a looking of most folk and i dont see why because they have lots of potential :) and the capri is lovely, i have seen it about perth and i always stop and stare at it because its that clean and its not your usual laser model aswell :)

Theres some rust coming through and I left it out all year while I drove other cars so its faded. But I was planning on rebuilding it anyway so it doesnt matter. Will look better than ever next year if i get round to it. The capris not bad body wise. I just replaced part of the o/s sill as there was a big hole. But the rest is fine. Its getting new wings though

Back to the top
look forward to seeing it after you rebuild it :) ,was out all day yesterday doing bits and pieces to the cabby with my dad and never got back till 8,got all the gear linkages rebuilt and also got my s1 centre console,cubby holes,scuttle cover and ht leads aswell that i got for £20 but the centre console is'nt going in till ive got a dash to go with it and all the instruments aswell but that can wait till i get it back of my dad and despite the capri having some work done its probably still as clean as the first time i spotted it :)

mwalker

Back to the top

mk1marc said

look forward to seeing it after you rebuild it :) ,was out all day yesterday doing bits and pieces to the cabby with my dad and never got back till 8,got all the gear linkages rebuilt and also got my s1 centre console,cubby holes,scuttle cover and ht leads aswell that i got for £20 but the centre console is'nt going in till ive got a dash to go with it and all the instruments aswell but that can wait till i get it back of my dad and despite the capri having some work done its probably still as clean as the first time i spotted it :)

How'd you manage to get all that for £20 8O or was that just for the leads?

Sounds good. You should start a progress thread

Back to the top
i dont know how i managed to get it all for £20 but i was well chuffed to get the stuff finally and im definitely going to have to get a thread started but im going to have to find the camera so that i can get some decent pics first but the car now has one solid rear wheel arch but it still needs tidying up and smoothed over then its primer time and i think its going to need a front valance aswell as its starting to crumble and the rear is starting to go now aswell but it'll all get done :)

mwalker
There are too many online users to list.