Skip navigation

Just a quick tidy up..........Oops!! (UPDATE 22/06/10)

Back to the top

Just a quick tidy up..........Oops!! (UPDATE 22/06/10)

Your attention to detail….. No sorry I Mean fanatical obsession has to be commended. Absolutely amazing build.

:mrgreen:

Back to the top

daztheoneclaw said

bazmk1 said

Hi
Just read the thread from start to finish - good read & some good work
How easy is it to Zinq plate , do the items have to be cleaned thoroughly before the zinq plating will work , if so how do you clean the items? Im thinking about going down this route but not sure yet
Thanks
baz

Thanks for the positive comments chaps. Helps to keep the motivation going.  8)
The plating is very easy. I have a small shot blaster so i use that to clean up parts or a wire brush on a grinder and rusty parts left to soak in vinegar over night works a treat too. Once they are clean you just wash the parts in a solution that is provided in the kit. For small parts i mix a small amount with water and put it in a small tupperware type box with a lid. Add the parts and shake vigarousley!! For larger parts dip a sponge in the solution and scrub. Its a bit of trial and error as to how long you leave stuff in for but the results can be pretty decent. Good luck with it  :D

:D thanks for the advise , thats all i wanted to know , saves me trying to Read pages & pages about it on the Net. :D

Back to the top
where did you get that heatshield from,obsolete i was told by lookers teeside..

Back to the top

blans said

Your attention to detail….. No sorry I Mean fanatical obsession has to be commended. Absolutely amazing build.

:mrgreen:

Thanks for the comment. The lads at work do call me OCD Daz  :?  I just want it to be the best that i can get it and to be honest im probably 95% happy with it. If i started again there are some bits i would change  8O .

Back to the top

davevw67 said

where did you get that heatshield from,obsolete i was told by lookers teeside..

It was in the for sale section on here mate. Lucky find. There is actually another half to it that i am missing as it sandwiches the down pipe.

Back to the top
Just re read this, excellent work! Loving all the bits like the foam bit on the brake brace bit to stop the heater pipes rubbing 8) Never even knew that was there. And also love the fact you had the uprated shockers powder coated black to look stock.

Theres nothing better than refurbing bits, no matter how small :D

Keep it up, will be a very special mk1 when its finished.

Pete.

Back to the top
And i thought the 'engine detailing' thread was a thorough job! Im up north aswell, glad to see a few more people up this way as i have only seen one or two; although im yet to actually buy my project  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
Update soon!! Got some more goodies to go on to it  :D

Back to the top
thought i would give this a bump as his cars for sale listing is around

loved this build thread

Banner

Back to the top
I waved a sad farewell to this most epic of projects today…………….. but its gone to a good home and I hope to see it finished soon.

It was a lot of fun and I just wish i had had the time to finish it, but that's it, its gone and so am i ……………….. I may be back…………… who knows!! :ninja:

Back to the top
We may see you back then!  :thumbs:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

We may see you back then!  :thumbs:

I hope so mate.

Ive got a house to build……… but once that's done I suspect that the lure of a Mk1 will be hard to resist.

Later guys!!

Back to the top
Make sure you build a garage on the side of it  :thumbs:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.