Skip navigation

Black L Reg Sportline Cab project

Back to the top

Black L Reg Sportline Cab project

Just fitted the new rear lights, looks so much better now, got some tweaking to do tomorrow and then its on with the bodykit and getting the engine finished, and getting all the electrics fully operational again.....GOD HELP ME :-( MOT soon folks :-)

Back to the top
Did you get them off ebay the rear lights??has i done a deal with a bloke fora£100 and he said he would get back to me in a week as he was going to drop them off to me.

Back to the top
What site did you get the bodykit seals off ? i too have a black sportline in bits!!!

Thanks

Back to the top
Mike Turbo…..no mate, I also saw those ones and offered £100 before xmas which he accepted and then said only if we didnt go through ebay, which I didnt want to do so I gave up, but then found a right hand and left hand both from different sellers on ebay and both brand new and listed on the same day, so I snapped them up for a grand total of £44 inc shipping, and they included the light boards which the £100 set did not!!!……..really glad I didnt pay the £100 now :-) And chink I feel your pain…….and the bodykit seals came from ebay from an international seller in America called moogie2498 - Top seller :-)

Back to the top
PICS FOR MANCDAVE BELOW.......

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top
hey great work on your sportline very impressed!! hope you don't mind me asking but how much did it cost to have your bbs's restored like that?
regards matt

Back to the top
Hi Matt, I believe the total including having the tyres removed and put back on, and damage to 3 wheelS repaired as well as the actual turning, and painting was £317, from the best in the business, PRISTINE!

Back to the top
How are things going with the motor? All ok?

I've run into a few bits to do… Took off the back axle to blast and prime it. Bought a new anti roll bar kit too. Was doing fuel filler neck too… now need a new fuel tank. Old one was badly corroded on one side only. List is mounting…

Cheers Hugh.

www.vwgolf1.com - vw golf parts and genuine accessories!

Banner

Back to the top
Hugh, bloody tell me about it....goes on and on and on and on............my project has currently stalled, so close and yet so far, she is currently at a garage trying to get everything sorted.......as soon as it is mate, if it EVER is, will send you all the pics for your site, but dont hold your breath!

Back to the top
Yea… new fuel tank ordered today from seller on eBay. All along one side had corroded and needed to be done. Fuel filler was really bad - crumbling in my hand. Couple of other fuel lines also badly corroded. Have ordered from crazy quiff so will be next week before i'm back on the road. Good job I was buying bits over the last few months :wink:

All in all I hope this will be it for this year. I will have done then a complete new suspension - shocks and springs, brakes, anti roll bars and bushes, new fuel tank and lift pump and rear axle repainted…  :dontknow: but you never know there are always bits to be done…  :wink:

Cheers Hugh.

Banner

Back to the top
Yep it all adds up, sounds like the cars going to be very mint mate :-) If all is ok with the fuel tank and it fits properly etc, please let me know the details of it, as mine will need replacing at some point as well!

Back to the top
That fuel tank had better fit…! Will let you know how I go…

Parts will take 3-5 days to get to me so by paddies day I hope to be all sorted… bit of snow forecast so not sure I'll have the hood down… Lol!

Cheers Hugh.

Banner
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.