Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top

myfirstcarwasagolf said

you bin workin out while respraying your side strips?  :wink:

Projects looking great mate 8)

Back to the top
I wish! Havent had a chance to work out since I bought the car back in September, always seems to be other things to do! Still, should be finished on the car by start of March...........and yes cheers, shes coming along, just want her finished now, but so much still to do :-(

Back to the top
Your project is certainly coming along very well. I like the steering wheel - it's gives the car a sporty feel and the red trim on it is a nice touch too. I have one, but the red stitching needs a retrim.

Have you got or sourced new decals yet?

Hope to have that date for you later today…

Cheers Hugh.

www.vwgolf1.com - vw golf parts and genuine accessories!

Banner

Back to the top
Walt has decals or you can get them off classic parts

Back to the top
Hi guys, with regards to decals, Chortle was kind enough to hook me up with all the info needed to buy the Sportline decals of Classic parts, however…getting quite a lot of ear ache from her indoors about the amount of money this project is STILL costing us, and given that they are quite expensive I may now need an alternative……I did buy a set of Sportline Decals ages ago and fitted them (when this project was not due to start until spring this year) from brownstickers on ebay, looked pretty good and only £18, but I havent been able to compare them with an original set………..so at the moment I'm thinking about buying from him again, unless anyone tells me different……but I do still need all the other decals, does anyone know where I can buy the tiny headlight type decal that goes near the bonnet catch in the engine bay??? And I still need the yellow engine sticker…….have seem them on crazyquiffs but postage is like £3.50! I have the sticker for the door about tyre pressure……are there any others I am forgetting???? Oh and hugh, fingers crossed for a date then :-)

Back to the top
think If I had already spent a load on a respray I would get the original ones if they were available, not replica..  but hey its your choice

Back to the top

Back to the top
To be honest, you have to draw the line somewhere…..truth is, I can always get some real ones later on if I want, but for now I think cheap wins out, if you took the attitude that I have spent so and so already so why not just this, and that, before you know it you have spent another £1000…..I know because this has been my attitude all the way through this, but I am trying to reign myself in now……the new speakers and oem ariel from the states have just cost me another £100…the new stereo another £150…….new tyres nearly £400, new hood £300, refurbed alloys, few hundred no doubt……..this car is a bloody money pit, I will be selling one of my kids on ebay at this rate!…….ok, moan over :-)

Back to the top
I take it back, I havent finished moaning at all…..then she needs a full service, cambelt change, mot, tax…..and then I need to buy a car tent for this winter, which will probably cost another £400 ish………I may need to sell both kids then…..:-( Still…its all for love of a vw :-)

Back to the top
I just hope that I dont scratch that nice new shiny bonnet while I'm being constantly bent over it!

Back to the top
Ive enjoyed reading that thread carnt wait for more im hooked, and the car is very nice
Thanks chubbs

Back to the top
Cheers Chubbs, I will get more pics up on sunday evening, just for you :-)

Back to the top
Motor looking superb cant wait for final pics   :mrgreen:

Chris

Back to the top
Carnt wait till sunday thanks
Chubbs

Back to the top
Just been working on Gertie, cleaning all the dust out after her cosmetic surgery, interior goes back in tomorrow, hopefully :-) Heres some pics of her finally outside.......
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.