Skip navigation

Bit Of Mirror Polishing PG39

Back to the top

My Rivage Restoration

Popped into see Mal for me cuppa tea…had a look at your golf….coming along nicely…if you need them I got a bag full of side trim clips if you need them….I see your doors are off and are being prepped with the old clips still in situ…these will be painted over if not removed and re-newed…I can drop the clips off at Mal's if you like?….unless you already have these sorted?

Restored 1961 Mk1 Mini Misses drives a 10 plate bmw mini cooper d sports pack Me drives a 61 plated C220 CDI Restored 1960\'s forecourt petrol pump 1964 P4 Rover 110 resorted by my dad 23 years ago On the look out for LBD 376Y

Back to the top
Hi mate.

Do you mean the plastic clips?

I thought they would have been taken off.

Yeah if you got spares drop them off, ill give you some money for them.

Im off over there tomorrow.

Back to the top
Do the clips go on after or before paint?

Back to the top
They may well be removed off your doors at some point mate……I will drop a bag off  Wednesday Morning….I have enough to do the rest of of your car too….don't worry about sortin us out  :wink:

Restored 1961 Mk1 Mini Misses drives a 10 plate bmw mini cooper d sports pack Me drives a 61 plated C220 CDI Restored 1960\'s forecourt petrol pump 1964 P4 Rover 110 resorted by my dad 23 years ago On the look out for LBD 376Y

Back to the top
Cheers mate I appreciate it.

Ill ask Mal about them tomorrow.

Back to the top

BigNormRivage said

Do the clips go on after or before paint?

Clips on after paint

Back to the top
Nice one.

Ill have a chat with Mal in the morning.

Back to the top
If you are over there tomorrow tell em to pick em off..or ping them off yourself....long/thin nose pliers off they pop!

Back to the top
Nice one mate.

Im sure they will be taken off anyway but ill check to be on the safeside

Back to the top

Mortz said

If you are over there tomorrow tell em to pick em off..or ping them off yourself….long/thin nose pliers off they pop!

Went to see the golf today and all the side clips are going to be removed.

Back to the top

BigNormRivage said

Mortz said

If you are over there tomorrow tell em to pick em off..or ping them off yourself….long/thin nose pliers off they pop!

Went to see the golf today and all the side clips are going to be removed.

I will drop a bag of clips off to Mal in the morning  8)

Back to the top
Spoke to Mal on the phone as he wernt there earlier today and he said he was going to leave the clips in place.

Could you ask him to remove them for me mate?

I dont want to pester him again.

I did say you were going to pop in with some clips.

Back to the top

BigNormRivage said

Spoke to Mal on the phone as he wernt there earlier today and he said he was going to leave the clips in place.

Could you ask him to remove them for me mate?

I dont want to pester him again.

I did say you were going to pop in with some clips.

Will do  :wink:

Back to the top
Cheers mate, appreciate it.

Hows your motor coming now?

Back to the top
Mal has'nt painted my boot yet…need to sort out a few electrical gremlins in my indicators….horn stays on when pressed via steering wheel….rear bumper and near side rear Quarter needs re-painting due to that Bloody cabinet!
A mini service needed
Insured it last week so that's one less expense to sort out
Currently Saving for our annual holiday in may this year so trying to tuck some spondolicks ( Money) so this misses don't know 8)

Back to the top
Dropped of a back of trim clips this morning dude

Back to the top

Mortz said

Cheers mate.

Did you happen to ask him to remove the old ones?

Back to the top

BigNormRivage said

Mortz said

Cheers mate.

Did you happen to ask him to remove the old ones?

Yes Matey…the ones on your car are off already….most of them snapped off anyways when removing the trim due to them becoming britle
I know Mal has been trying to ring you about the Paint Code….I have told him as I was there thismorning..
Do give him a call he wants to know what you want to do with a bit of rust on the front panel around the Bonnet catch…..a common Problem I know

Back to the top
Ah bloody hell this phone is doing my head in lately, it keeps loosing signal.

Yeah ill phone him tomorrow.

Im sure I told him to repair it (maybe I forgot lol)

Do you know when your getting your bits sprayed?

Back to the top

BigNormRivage said

Ah bloody hell this phone is doing my head in lately, it keeps loosing signal.

Yeah ill phone him tomorrow.

Im sure I told him to repair it (maybe I forgot lol)

Do you know when your getting your bits sprayed?

Think he will finish yours 1st

You Should have some primer on it soon…..get down there and take some pix!!!!!

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.