Skip navigation

Bit Of Mirror Polishing PG39

Back to the top

My Rivage Restoration

Just a small update.

Picked up this panasonic radio that came in some of the later cabbys.

Cleaned it up today and very happy with it.

Fingers crossed the Rivage will be going for paint at the end of january along with full new suspension at the same time.

Also if I can convince the misses the interior is being stripped and sent of for another retrim :-)

Last edit: by BigNormRivage

Back to the top
Why are you getting the interior redone  :dontknow:

Back to the top

Massbad69 said

Why are you getting the interior redone  :dontknow:

Because im really fussy lol.

I told her a few weeks ago that I want the engine rebuilt and she was fine with it :-)

I think the only way ill get her to agree with another retrim is if I dont get the engine done, and I aint scrapping the engine plans.

Back to the top
Ceri

I love you mate lol, in a mk1 brother way ha ha, speaking to ya mises at the AGM  i think as ya car keeps you happy and your not a smoker or big drinker etc etc like most people she agree's that if you wana spend ya money on ya golf then why not :-)

But seriously mate you interior is mint, i know you a perfectionist but another retrim he he ? ? ? or are you just getting your current one tweaked?

If your gona go for a retrim to get perfection i rekon your prob better of selling your interior out of this one and retrimming another as your interior will get GOOD money !

Car is really coming on mate, bet you cant wait to get it into paint  :-)

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Cheers Rich lol.

I think im just going to have a few tweaks to the current interior and concentrate on the respray then engine rebuild.

Yeah cant wait to get it painted, having all new suspension fitted at the same time, going to lower the front a little bit.

Hopefully fit the new radio next week aswell.

Back to the top
Ceri

Lower the front and the back mate it does sit lovely !!!

Your interior is great so tweak it and spend your pennies on paint or engine!

I am going to get my side skirts and mirrors painted over the winter but even though I have OCD and love everything to be perfect I won't touch the original paint on the bodywork as I love the character of it's age.

Cheis

Back to the top
Yeah Chris they do look better a bit lowered.

The thing is I do need a respray.

Bonnet is full of stonechips & has some lacquer peel.

Both bumpers have parking scuffs from previous owner.

Rear arches have usual stone chips.

So pointless fixing just the above and having a mix of 20 year old paint & new paint.

Back to the top
My motor has lots of chips but I had it at a mates really top end bodyshop, he has the contract for Ferrari,  bentley and lambo in Edinburgh and he has said just to get my mirrors and side skirts painted and some of the wee dings taken out but to leave all the original panels as they are.
Do I think I will get that done thru the winter if I get the cash  :wink:

Don't think I will make the AGM as will be on my hols but haven't booked them yet but prob will be going the first 2 weeks in July, gutted  :| BUT you never know  :wink:

Back to the top
Took these pictures a while ago when I was trying out a new camera.

Been a bit lazy but decided to upload them today.

And my favourite picture.

Last edit: by BigNormRivage

Back to the top
Nice pictures, nice motor, enough said 8)

Back to the top

tinman1uk said

Nice pictures, nice motor, enough said 8)

Cheers mate.

Only now seen this (didnt show up as new post for some reason)

Back to the top
Little update.

Been in touch with the bodyshop doing the car and its all on course to go in in january.

Ive been thinking of getting my polished wheels painted bright silver to try and get them a bit more factory looking.

Any thoughts????

Back to the top
Powdercoated?

Back to the top
Although it would be a shame to get that lovley finish all covered up. what about swapping them with somebody who's got a mint set? I'm still waiting to get one of the rim lips welded on mine.

Back to the top

BigNormRivage said

Little update.

Been in touch with the bodyshop doing the car and its all on course to go in in january.

Ive been thinking of getting my polished wheels painted bright silver to try and get them a bit more factory looking.

Any thoughts????

:hand: the wheels look great as they are  :mrgreen:

Back to the top

bouchay said

Powdercoated?

Proberly a dumb question but here goes.

What sort of finish do you get with powdercoating compared to just sprayed silver?

Back to the top
will be a very smooth even finish, I think you can specify matt, satin or gloss finishes?

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

will be a very smooth even finish, I think you can specify matt, satin or gloss finishes?

Cool, ill ask the guy doing them about powdercoating aswell then.

Back to the top
i think they look really nice as they are mate.

Bet you cant wait for it to go in for paint :-)

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Yeah cant wait now Rich.

Not sure how long its going to be in there.

The wheels do look good, I may even wait till its out the bodyshop to see what there like against new paint.

Take less than a week to get them refurbed anyway.

Also having new suspension fitted when its in the bodyshop, going to lower the front a little.
There are too many online users to list.