Skip navigation

Bit Of Mirror Polishing PG39

Back to the top

My Rivage Restoration

Yeah comes out near the drivers side where it starts going up to the dash board.

My carpets are pretty tidy for originals but it seems like i need some under lay to pad it out a bit so it will stay in position.

Back to the top
If you havnt got any underlay there now then whenever you put any pressure on the floor it will pull it out of place.

Newton commercial do an underlay set which is cheap with your club discount.

Back to the top
First time ive read through this thread and must say you've done a great job. The car looks terrific.

I was pleased to see you got the trimmer to tighten up the leather. I was horrified when i saw the first pics but it looks awesome now.

With reference to your comment above; its worth noting that the carpet underfelt from newton commercials is not complete and you will need to patch in some of your old stuff to make sure the carpet doesn't sag.

I found this out when i fitted my newton com carpet and had to go racking through the bin to get some patchs of my old underfelt.

Craig, Co. Durham
78' MK1 Golf N (Work in Progress)
88' MK2 Golf GTi 8v
93' MK1 Golf Cabriolet
06' Yamaha R6

Back to the top

MK1Junkie said

First time ive read through this thread and must say you've done a great job. The car looks terrific.

I was pleased to see you got the trimmer to tighten up the leather. I was horrified when i saw the first pics but it looks awesome now.

With reference to your comment above; its worth noting that the carpet underfelt from newton commercials is not complete and you will need to patch in some of your old stuff to make sure the carpet doesn't sag.

I found this out when i fitted my newton com carpet and had to go racking through the bin to get some patchs of my old underfelt.

Cheers for the comment mate.

The interior is pretty much done now.

Yeah your right about the new underlay not being enough.

I didnt realise untill I made a mess of the old stuff.

Its not noticable tho if im honest, so not that bothered at the moment.

Will be taking it back out 1 day in the future tho to add some more padding.

Once its been in to the bodyshop it should be finished  :?       HOPEFULLY.

Back to the top
Interior looks fantastic.

To keep the leather A1 put on some leather nourishing cream after using the cleaner, I normally do that twice a year with my daily and keeps the leather soft.

1988 1.8 carb Golf Clipper

Back to the top
I know you have a wife and job so where exactly do you find the time to do so much ruddy work to your car?

T 8O

Back to the top

djheap22 said

Interior looks fantastic.

To keep the leather A1 put on some leather nourishing cream after using the cleaner, I normally do that twice a year with my daily and keeps the leather soft.

Cheers mate.

Yeah I got stuff to protect it aswell.

Back to the top

Tian said

I know you have a wife and job so where exactly do you find the time to do so much ruddy work to your car?

T 8O

Tian I dont have a wife yet, next september I will tho  :roll:  lol.

The misses knows how much I love my car so shes more than happy for me to spend time cleaning it ect.

One thing I have noticed tho is her car always seems to need cleaning around the time I do mine :dontknow:  lol.

Back to the top
Also Tian I spent a few hours today valeting the car again!!!!

Back to the top
Hi all, new to all this golf cabby lark. Just been lookin on here for information really and came across this project. Must say your rivage looks mint and very impressed. I'm about to embark on a similar project so will probably be picking your brains at some point. I was given an h plate rivage about 5 years ago by my mother in law. it was just out of mot and she no longer wanted it so said if i came and picked it up (devon to shropshire) i could have it. since then it has been at the back of my fathers shed collecting dust, until yesterday when i dragged it out and washed her off. Needs a reasonable amount of work but i intend to fully restore her. Will try and upload some pics in a min.

Back to the top

Back to the top
Welcome mate.

I must say ive never seen a Rivage on a H plate.

I didnt think they did.

Yeah any questions mate, just ask away.

Ceri.

Back to the top
1991 which apparently is when they started making them. I know it's genuine as the wife's uncle bought it brand new and then her mother bought it from him. Still in her name so only 1 previous owner and in same family from new. Its all cream inside with a cream hood cover. Was gonna sort it out and sell it, but the more I look at it I reckon I could end up keeping it.

Back to the top

BigNormRivage said

You wanna spend a little more time with that lovely lady of yours mate, I could of been in there!

T :mrgreen:

Good to meet you at last too! :wink:

Back to the top

Tian said

BigNormRivage said

You wanna spend a little more time with that lovely lady of yours mate, I could of been in there!

T :mrgreen:

Good to meet you at last too! :wink:

Lol as long as shes home by bedtime :-)

Shes the one who wanted me to polish it today, I was more than happy to chill out in my chair.

Good to meet you to mate.

Back to the top
Just joined the forum today and have spent a ridiculous amount of time scrolling through this thread lol. I love your rivage, the work you've done on it is amazing. I've got a wee mk1 cabby which I'm hoping to get to work on asap (well my boyfriend will be working on it under my supervision lol) and if it turns out looking half as good as your car I'll be well pleased :)

V dub girl :)

Back to the top

Lannie_83 said

Just joined the forum today and have spent a ridiculous amount of time scrolling through this thread lol. I love your rivage, the work you've done on it is amazing. I've got a wee mk1 cabby which I'm hoping to get to work on asap (well my boyfriend will be working on it under my supervision lol) and if it turns out looking half as good as your car I'll be well pleased :)

Cheers for the comment.

Get a build thread going so everyone can see the progress you make.

Back to the top
Yeah think I will do, have already been a bit snap happy so have plenty photos to start me on my way lol.

V dub girl :)

Back to the top
Just a few photos I took at this years AGM.

Cracking show & already looking forward to next year.

Last edit: by BigNormRivage

Back to the top

Lannie_83 said

Yeah think I will do, have already been a bit snap happy so have plenty photos to start me on my way lol.

The more pics the better :-)
There are too many online users to list.