Skip navigation

Bit Of Mirror Polishing PG39

Back to the top

My Rivage Restoration

Shughy said

Cool… I look forward to 'hearing' it at the AGM 2011…  :lol:

Temps are 26.5 here today… beautiful out…

Not sure of the temp here but I do know ive burnt my face while valeting the car  :banghead:

Back to the top

Tian said

Just seen this, look very nice mate. Mine is a 2 1/2inch tail pipe that is straight instead of with the kink. Like you it makes a nice sound and pops a little on lift off but isn't in ya face.

T

Cheers mate.

I was originally going to have it straight but decided last min to have a slightly angled like the original.

Back to the top
looking good :D

Back to the top
looks nice ceri !

Top work :-)

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top

BigNormRivage said

baggie said

richyhill said

looking good mate, may have to give thosse roof guys a shout in swansea when i need mine done !

how much do they charge

cheers

They charged £300 ish for the new roof, headliner and all cables.

The roof was made well but very badly fitted.

Ive since has it all readjusted with a different firm and its all good now.

So for anyone reading this……

I WOULD NOT RECCOMEND JACK SMITH TRIMMERS OF SWANSEA

Neither would I……since Jack smith died a few years back …..son's now look after business

Restored 1961 Mk1 Mini Misses drives a 10 plate bmw mini cooper d sports pack Me drives a 61 plated C220 CDI Restored 1960\'s forecourt petrol pump 1964 P4 Rover 110 resorted by my dad 23 years ago On the look out for LBD 376Y

Back to the top
Thats right mate.

1 of them does interiors and the other does roofs.

Im glad I got the roof sorted in the end (even if it did cost me a bit extra to sort)

Last thing on my list is paint now.

Either going to the bodyshop right at the end of the year or sometime in january.

Ill PM you my number now mate.

Back to the top
Looking good mate I'm glad your happy with it and the sound coming from it is the same that I will go for!

I don't know whether to go for your angled tailpipe or the straight finish when I go.

Enjoy it in the sun

Back to the top
Decided today to retrim my boot in cream carpet to match the rest of the interior.

Cost me just over a tenner and I got loads left.

Used the previous carpet as templates.

Kept the old carpet incase I decide to swap back.

Just need a little bit of velcro to hold the floor down and jobs a good one.

I also made a mat set for when I go to shows (not 100% on these yet)

Heres a few better pics of the exhaust to show the angle of it.

Last edit: by BigNormRivage

Back to the top
lovely car you got there  8)  8)

thats the sort of exhaust i'm looking for mine :wink:

Back to the top
Cheers mate.

Get yourself down to your local longlife centre when your ready for your exhaust.

Cracking service.

Back to the top
Ceri...seen as you are local.....i need to take a look at your power roof set up.....I since sourced the rams pipes and motor....all fitted up and works fine....however when the roof is up...I would then extend the rams....they are at least 1ft away from connecting to anything...need to know if I am missing any additional brackets.....or has the roof / frame...been changed to a manual one when all the orginal bits where taken out and the frame changed too?

Restored 1961 Mk1 Mini Misses drives a 10 plate bmw mini cooper d sports pack Me drives a 61 plated C220 CDI Restored 1960\'s forecourt petrol pump 1964 P4 Rover 110 resorted by my dad 23 years ago On the look out for LBD 376Y

Back to the top
The more I think about it....i friggin bet the whole roof has been changed too :cry:

Back to the top
No worries mate.

I would have been in touch this week about the stuff for doing the black trim but ive worked all week.

Im free sunday if you want to take a look.

Back to the top
Hi Mate,

Tinkerclick be off for the last 3 days due to a network fault…..no worries if you wanna pop round next sunday
Let us know ….or if you are around 2moz morning I will be knocking about then?

Back to the top

Mortz said

Hi Mate,

Tinkerclick be off for the last 3 days due to a network fault…..no worries if you wanna pop round next sunday
Let us know ….or if you are around 2moz morning I will be knocking about then?

Im working all week mate but im off sunday so can pop round.

Back to the top
Finally got round to having my wheels fitted today.

Went for a drive with the misses up the black mountains and took some pics.

After fitting them I realised I left the center caps at home.

Excuse the filthy tyres aswell.

That SHOULD be my final update untill the car goes for paint towards the end of the year / start of next year.

Last edit: by BigNormRivage

Back to the top
lookin good mate, cracking job :D

Back to the top
Cheers mAtt-

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now :-)

Back to the top
The Mrs don't look too happy.

T

Back to the top
She was watching a couple of quads belting it through the mountains in that pic Tian.

2 mins after taking the pic they came roaring past.
There are too many online users to list.