Skip navigation

Bit Of Mirror Polishing PG39

Back to the top

My Rivage Restoration

Oh and also Tim if I did think they were a shade to bling then I would just take them back in to be redone in a different finish, so no problem with that

Back to the top
gfrankland & chortle.  Cheers for the comments.

Carl they were polished from standard then anadised so not AS shiney as mine.

Back to the top
I love these dude, real nice touch... :wink:

Back to the top

AL_Mk1 said

Whoa - get the shades out… BLING!

Is your exhaust knackered, or could it have just poped off one of the clamps or something? Does yours have the big swivel joint with the "C" shaped clamps?

AL im not 100% sure reguarding the exhaust.

Going to have a look on my day off next week.

Am I ok to hold on to your wheels a little bit longer?

If not then its not a problem.

Back to the top

Raul said

I love these dude, real nice touch… :wink:

Cheers Raul  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
Wheels lookin nice! I could do with mine been refurbed. If it's not a rude question, how much did the set cost to refurb and where did you get them done?

Back to the top

HUBBS said

Wheels lookin nice! I could do with mine been refurbed. If it's not a rude question, how much did the set cost to refurb and where did you get them done?

Cheers mate.

They cost me roughly £200 in the end so not to bad.

I had them done in a place in Swansea.

Back to the top
Thanks, good price for a quality job. I've been quoted a different range of prices from £50 each to £145 each!! depandant on the finish.

Back to the top
Wheels look superb mate!  :mrgreen:

I'm not gonna park anywhere near your motor at the AGM.  :lol:

Back to the top

TimHale said

Are the wheels a shade too bling and if they don't work out will you fit spinners?

Why not a good set of BBS RA's?

Tim

Thats a bit harsh…

I used to have polished le castelettes on my mk1 (altho less polished than yours!), I think they looked the dogs

Back to the top
Not harsh, just a personal preference and I prefer the more subtle appearance of BBS RA's.

Tim Hale

Back to the top
Big norm the wheels look ace! Very shiney!

Mk1GTi
Rallye Golf
Mk5 GTi
Mk7 GTD

Back to the top

PNERivage said

Wheels look superb mate!  :mrgreen:

I'm not gonna park anywhere near your motor at the AGM.  :lol:

Cheers Tony.

You can park as close as you want :D

AGM will be the last outing she gets this year.

Taking it off the road ready to go in the bodyshop a bit later.

Back to the top
Lee_dub.  Your car looks very nice.

They may be shiney now but im sure they will loose a bit of shine in time.

Smokeybubbles.  Thanks mate, they had a few coats of rimwax aswell which adds to the shine.

Back to the top
They are very bling! You like them though so that's what counts.

If you're after a lifetime exhaust, I can recommend one.

T

Back to the top
thats my old motor that mate, tbh when I got it the paint was awesome but by the time I sold it a year of daily duties had took its toll. Brad mole on here has it now and hes sorting it out.

Your car will look great with those on mate, just keep at them with the autosol and they will stay like that

Back to the top

Tian said

T

I agree they are bling.

Like I said they have had 2 coats of rimwax which adds to the shine and the lighting in the house makes them stand out more.

Who can you recommend mate?

I will be after one that looks exactly like the original but stainless.

Back to the top
Great job done on the wheels… nice  :wink: I like them…

I'm running a Miltek stainless steel exhaust - nice sound.

Was fitted by Awseome GTI a number of years ago - supposed to have a lifetime guarantee!

Not sure if the exhaust is still being made but make a nice purr - not too loud.

Cheers Hugh.

www.vwgolf1.com - vw golf parts and genuine accessories!

Banner

Back to the top

BigNormRivage said

Tian said

T

I agree they are bling.

Like I said they have had 2 coats of rimwax which adds to the shine and the lighting in the house makes them stand out more.

Who can you recommend mate?

I will be after one that looks exactly like the original but stainless.

I had a Jetex on my mk3 and that was great.. Direct fit, nice burble that wasn't in your face and looked nice and subtle.

Guy

91 Rivage project thread < its a slow process but getting there!

Back to the top
Blimey big norm.. Tim really got a rise out of you there..  8O

I think they look great.. As we have discussed before, to replicate the original finish is something nobody has yet managed to do.. So the options really were paint, powder coat or polish.. If I remember rightly, they are made by the same company which made the porsche design 90's, hence the similarity and also the ability to polish them to the same bright shine as yours.. I used to know of a guy called Jimmy G with a rivage which was well featured in magazines.. He had a corrado leather interior, powerful audi engine (I think an S3) de tuned to 275 bhp and he ran that on the porsche design 90's.. He had them bead burnished which was basically rolled around in a huge washing machine type thing full of tiny beads which polish absolutely all of the rim.. They looked awesome and i would certainly have a set of those on my car..

From the pics I can see that only the face is polished and I am liking the subtle difference in shine of the two surfaces.. I'll look forward to seeing them back on the car..

I also notice that in one of your pics there is a very tiny le castellet in the background.. Do you have those wheels on absolutely everything at your house?..  8O
There are too many online users to list.