Skip navigation

AGGIE the RAT mk1

Back to the top

Subtle Madness. RAT mk1

There isnt an issue with the head gasket, It seems to be a seal at the end of the cam in the head casing. I could be wrong though.
As for a mess. No its always been like that, just needs pulling out and having a really good clean.
I might try and get another engine to drop in when i get some money.

Back to the top
that passat came from my neck of the woods :)
cars looking good mate
j

1991 1.8 clipper :)

Back to the top

Connor_bristow said

There isnt an issue with the head gasket, It seems to be a seal at the end of the cam in the head casing. I could be wrong though.
As for a mess. No its always been like that, just needs pulling out and having a really good clean.
I might try and get another engine to drop in when i get some money.

Funk-star was having a giggle at my cab a few weeks back when I went to visit him, while we we're chatting he dis mention he had two to three engines just sitting about for the MK1..
I think you should get in touch with him, I don't think he will charge you the earth, an it could be an engine which you don't have to install right now, but have around your garage or house an do some work on it before you bang it in the car like.

You know what I mean, well you could really jazz up the engine rat style before it even enters your bay ;)

That seal your on about is like a half moon shape I think, that could only be a couple of quid an a ten min job mate.. If it is that seal I'm also sure GSF or Euro Car Parts will have something like that in stock.

Hope you find out the cause, as it ain't a bad engine is it, just a few leaks or stuff.. Saying that it's half the fun getting the old sledge hammer out during rush hour traffic when the cars conked out in the middle of the road eh.. Or do like i do, whack up the music an get the wife out pushing the 2tonne of fun eh.. Lol

I'm so flipping lonely, it's killing me lol at least I can laugh about it!!

Back to the top
ok, i've decided not to sell the golf :)

i'm going to drop in a new engine, and work on the stance

i'm thinking a 1.4 16v polo engine,

tuck the wheels in a bit as the poke too much at the moment

thoughts ? would that engine conversion be alot of work ?

Back to the top
As didge said i have a few 1.8 lumps sitting around. youd only need to flip the drive mount and you could go big block.

Passats a interesting 1?? if i parked that on my drive i think house prices would drop in my area lol.

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk

Back to the top
How much  difference is ther in wireing ?
I was just gonna get a polo for like £300 so i'd have everything i needed.
I mean do you have the wireing and metering units etc etc if you've got the complete kit i'll be interested

Back to the top
I LIKE!

Buddy what are them coilovers like has there the ones ive just order from eBay, are they bumpey?

cheers dude

Back to the top
I fooking LUV it m8!

I am fed up with seeing these cars turn up to shows etc… that never see the light of day or are driven until they are pushed of the back of the carrier or alike!

Keep the good work up fella  :D

Mk1 Cab:
Mk6 GT TDi

Back to the top
Cheers guys :)
She'll be a daily driver once again :)

As for the coilovers they are cheap rubbish from ebay and are bumpy as hell :p but they do the job and she handels like a quueen :)

Back to the top

Connor_bristow said

Cheers guys :)
She'll be a daily driver once again :)

As for the coilovers they are cheap rubbish from ebay and are bumpy as hell :p but they do the job and she handels like a quueen :)

Oh right, do they make the car sit nice and low buddy?

any pictures?

thanks

Back to the top
its not low at the moment, its up in the air on stands haha

they've never been very low as i always ran loads of poke, but i will be ditching the spacers and tucking with more lows after the new block goes in

Back to the top

Connor_bristow said

its not low at the moment, its up in the air on stands haha

they've never been very low as i always ran loads of poke, but i will be ditching the spacers and tucking with more lows after the new block goes in

oh.lol well hurry up and get that beaut back on the road!

best of luck pal.

thanks for your time

Back to the top
no problem :)
as for hurrying up, i hope to be getting the new engine etc etc soon, if i cant afford it however i'll have to wait untill i sell the passat, which will be after run to the sun in june

Back to the top

Connor_bristow said

no problem :)
as for hurrying up, i hope to be getting the new engine etc etc soon, if i cant afford it however i'll have to wait untill i sell the passat, which will be after run to the sun in june

Was it a 1300cc? I've just had to rebuild mine :( oh your going to run to the sun awesome hope to see u there.

Back to the top
yeah it's currently got the 1300 still in, i'm going to pull it out, clean and smooth as much as i can.

hopefully going to get a 1.4 16v or a 1.6 16v polo engine, should look something like this, but less lairy colours

Back to the top
This is the plan :)

Unrapped the golf yesterday and rolled it out onto the drive,

It has begun :)

Redbull doesn't give you wings. I do.

Currently stripping it out, rad and pipes and a few other bits are out now too.

:) :)

Back to the top
I'll be selling the passat in a week or so, currently looking like this :

Back to the top
its been a while…….

here's some updates

Got myself a crane,

Had to wind the coilovers up a bit to get the crane under the front :p

And now without the engine in it sits like a monster truck :/

Will be cleaning up the engine bay in the next couple days when the weather clears.

Back to the top
Just been reading the whole thread… and it's amazing! Love the 'rat' look with this one, and even the passat looked good as I dont usually like the rat look! Great work mate, Im looking forward to seeing what it will be like in the future! Stick a mk5 gti lump in it ;) haha, joking. Good luck with the engine change :) David

DavidRouth - "But my passion is cars. It's what I like to do in my off time. "

Back to the top
been a long time since i posted, not alot of progress, been rolling around in my gf's mk2,

however i have finally got my hands on the donor car for the mk1 :) :) …………………

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.