Skip navigation

82 GTI LHASA GREEN TIN TOP, to be something mad!!

Back to the top

82 GTI LHASA GREEN TIN TOP, to be something mad!!

andy-b said

Hi mate, great job so far did you put new fuel lines on if so what size connectors did you use.

hi, no  i didn't have to replace the fuel lines, just the flexi pipes to and from the pump/accumulator

Back to the top
all apart

Back to the top
small update, the car is still spluttering about, the barrels and baskets have gone to be powder coated, drums chrome, baskets met grey. and last night i manage to fit the final piece of the restored rear end, this is the gravity valve in its new home..

and with the plastic arch fitted..

also managed to get and fit the ring between body and filler neck, and some new screws from vw to attach the filler neck to the body. 47p for all 3.

looking like i need a new alternator and god knows what else, have booked it in to the local rolling road tuning company on the 12th, so fingers crossed ill have an mot by then…

Back to the top
Loving that mk2!!

Hbendall

Back to the top

VWchick said

Loving that mk2!!

thank you :lol:

Back to the top
today i got my barrels for the bbs back, had them powder coated chrome, came out a treat. what do you think

just don't tell the wife they're on the kitchen table :D

Back to the top
booked the car in to have the engine looked at. this is how she looked outside the tuners 8)

unfortunatly the head gasket seems to of gone :banghead: nevermind will give me a chance to sort out the engine bay :wink:

Back to the top
Oh gutted but like you say, every cloud ;)

I thought it had gone in for paint already? When's that happening?

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
if you change your mind about keeping those turbos let me know.  every time i see them i want some!  car looks good even without the paint!

Mk1GTi
Rallye Golf
Mk5 GTi
Mk7 GTD

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

Oh gutted but like you say, every cloud ;)

I thought it had gone in for paint already? When's that happening?

wanted to get the mot done first, then paint. it now looks like its going to be more like engine and gearbox out, strip the front end prep the bay, then paint then back together :banghead:

Back to the top

smokeybubbles said

if you change your mind about keeping those turbos let me know.  every time i see them i want some!  car looks good even without the paint!
i know, looks good in that pic. wheels will be staying with me :wink:

Back to the top

low n mean

I must say your car looks low n mean, like it just had a fight. Will you be tuning the lump as the gaskets gone?

Back to the top

Re: low n mean

lowdrop said

I must say your car looks low n mean, like it just had a fight. Will you be tuning the lump as the gaskets gone?
we'll see, i have a shrick cam in the garage nos, still in its grease proof paper. it about 15 years old so may be it'll see some action.

Back to the top
bunk beds :lol:

Back to the top
if lift fall down :tank:
 :lol:

82 Golf 1.8 20VT
My Project

Back to the top
Looking good Simon.

When are you booking it in for the respray? I want to pop in and have a look at some point. Moving into a flat round your neck of the woods next week so will only be a stones throw away  :)

MK1 Golf - 1.3l Driver
MK1 Golf - 1.8 GTI (Build Thread - Here)

Back to the top
not sure yet dave, good to hear you'll be in the area. i'll let you know once its booked in.
you still got your mk1 ?

Back to the top

79-85 said

not sure yet dave, good to hear you'll be in the area. i'll let you know once its booked in.
you still got your mk1 ?

Thats cool, i would like to see it again, been a while and reading your thread it seems you have come on nicely.

No i dont have her anymore, bought a MK4 due to travelling too and from work, it is black and slammed! Bit gutted now though as had i known i would be moving here and not needing a car everyday i would have 100% kept the MK1!

MK1 Golf - 1.3l Driver
MK1 Golf - 1.8 GTI (Build Thread - Here)

Back to the top
yeah, getting there slowly but cant get the bugger to run, think it's the metering head so shall have that soon. i have seen the mk4 looks good on the new rims, should have kept the mk1 s a project and 20v turbo'd it.

Back to the top

GTInCyprus said

if lift fall down :tank:
 :lol:
sometimes i think that would be the best option :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.