Skip navigation

2.0l 16v charged - track action vid 7/9/09

Back to the top

2.0l 16v charged - track action vid 7/9/09

you will get to see it at the show Chudd  8)  as its progressing nicely now, I have  a MASSIVE power cable in the car now  :lol:  and I just need a new battery clip from halfords to get it attached to the battery, then drain and refill the coolant with G12+, refit the duck bill and get the exhaust sorted and hes ready bar a wash and some tidying up,

I sorted the oil pressure light on the dash too, I had the wires the wrong way round  :oops:

heres a little vid of the engine pretty much unsilenced for you all, Enjoy,

:mrgreen:

Daily - 05 plate B6 A4 Avant S Line, with 19s for the summer.. wifes car - Rare Seat Exeo ST Sport 170 Tech
Weekend - MK2 20vt monster - Plus a mk1 caddy I am fixing for my bro

Back to the top
Sweet and well done mate .

Back to the top
sounds almost f1ish!!!!!  will she deffo be at the show for us to have a butchers around?

hello!

Back to the top

rov716y said

sounds almost f1ish!!!!!  will she deffo be at the show for us to have a butchers around?

she?!?!?! SHE?!?!?!?!  I think you will find HE is called Boris  :wink:

and yep he will be at the show, I just have some tidying to do tomorrow and new aux belt to add as the one on there is wrong and its causing some issues as its making the water pump turn backwards  :banghead:

the plastic windows arrived today but they wont be in for a few weeks / month as I want to tint them before they are installed and Im going to use new seals too so I need time to get them ready but when its done it should be pretty mean looking and even faster as all the glass is being changed bar the windscreen and the total wieght is a pifling 9kg!

Daily - 05 plate B6 A4 Avant S Line, with 19s for the summer.. wifes car - Rare Seat Exeo ST Sport 170 Tech

Back to the top
can't wait to see this!

Back to the top
so what did we all think? noisey isnt it  :lol:

Back to the top
hhmm after 3 trips to gsf I have finally got the right length belt for the charger using the new belt run I made up, Tensioned up the belt fine, checked too see if my new bracket would flex, all looked good, started the car

NO NOISE!!! RESULT!! as anyone who was at the AGM show will know it was screaching a bit before with the belt that was too long!

a few revs… and then the belt went slack,

first thought is the tesnion came undone and swivvled round allowing the belt to go slack, but unpon closer inspection its just bent my quick fix bracket over now its properly tensioned  :cry:  so sunday will be spent designing and making a new bracket,  :cry:

oh and I still cant get mega squirt to seak to my laptop so anyone whos any good with it drop me a pm as I need help as I need to check the trigger angle but cant do this till the laptop and ecu are talking.

Back to the top
hi m7r,

awesome car you have there! its amazing how quickly you got this new engine in!!!

ref the squirt.

are you using usb? or serial?

what version of windows do you have?

i can run you through some check but it would take forever on the forum…. pm me and i can send you my mob no…

i had trouble for months and spent a lifetime on the squirt forum… ended up being something simple, but i did a lot of checks in the process… might be useful info for you…

Scott

Back to the top

smillsey said

hi m7r,

awesome car you have there! its amazing how quickly you got this new engine in!!!

ref the squirt.

are you using usb? or serial?

what version of windows do you have?

i can run you through some check but it would take forever on the forum…. pm me and i can send you my mob no…

i had trouble for months and spent a lifetime on the squirt forum… ended up being something simple, but i did a lot of checks in the process… might be useful info for you…

Scott

cheers for the offer Scott, dropped you a PM.

I will ony be happy when this buggers running spot on! and even then I know I will fiddle with things and try to improve the breed…had it all gone to plan it would have been running spot on by last weekend! so im a bit peeved its taking so long  :banghead:

Back to the top
Been a bit quiet lately as I have been away and been beavering away on the mk1 and my brothers new ride,

over the last month the mk1 has had a new intercooler, the plastic windows have been pro tinted and are awaiting time for me to fit them, the bonnet flew up at 60+mph! its had new hinges fitted due to the bonnet coming up and bonnet pins to stop it happening again!!!

oh and I went sprinting last weekend!!!

the car ran OK, but wasnt lightning fast as the new engine is too peakly for the tight track, so there was either not enough throttle, or a smidge more and it was too much power causing under steer (the lack of lsd showed up some times) the clutch was also shouting at me, and showing me its on the limit, so long as I make sure the pedals fully upbefore standing on the pedal it was ok, but if I wasnt careful it would slip, so the change to 02A gearbox will be happening this winter so I can run a VR clutch with a ABF fly wheel etc to help tame the power.

Also some other issues came to light this weekend:

the engine valve stem seals are passing oil on the down change when I shift down to high revs, so over winter I will be looking for another 9a engine to freshen up and stick in rather than just rebuilding the one I have as that way the one I have can be built into a monster engine over time.

one of the rear wheel bolt threads in the rear discs pulled out, so that will need a new disc on there, annoying but do able.

the spare wheel well chose this weekend to show the famour mk1 golf rust hole where the rear valance attaches to the spare weel well, so that will neeed patching too.

So the jobs for the winter jobs are:

02A gear box and cable shifter, and clutch set up
re do the rear disc
new engine for oil probs
new radiator for the cooling
fit oil cooler
rear brake lines with limiters
boot floor patched and rear arches done
fit the tinted windows which are drying in the lounge and look mint!!!!

on the plus side, heres one of the videos from the weekend and I love the sound of the car, as did a load of folk who all said it sounded good with the charger whine.

M7R - Club GTI Curborough Show & Sprint - Sept 09 - YouTube

see if you can see it cocking itwheel, it was picking it up alot, on the first corner and on the way into the chicane

Ill get some more pics up as folks put them up, plus I have a couple of my own to add of the Audi and the mk1 together

Back to the top
Sweet!

Back to the top
Things are progressing slowly. tbh im losing the will to get it back on the road for sping as it now drinks fuel like theres no tomorow! but hey ho! it may go half the year as a charged engine and then become a n/a one…

so far in the garage I have:

02A from a mk3 16v,
02A cable shifter from a mk3 16v
02A conversion mounts
100mm drive shafts

im still unsure if its going to be a hydo clutch or a cable one, im waiting for a PM back from George to see which way Im going, as soon as I know this I will be pulling the old box out one weekend and dropping the new one in ready.

then theres still the matter of stripping the engine down to see which seal has gone, and if its just a rebuilt head or a new block time, and thats on tp of the new hatch needed, the welding and replacing the glass (there will be a full set of green glass for sale in the new year)

oh and I also maybe changing the colour of the, im thinking Matte black again.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.