Skip navigation

easy mods for a 1300 engine??

Back to the top

easy mods for a 1300 engine??

am planning inthe future for tha audi 2litre running on twin webbers 45's, for now ivew got the 1300 carb, pierburg setup. do yuou know of any easy and cheap ish mods to do to get it to perform better? wellname any mods really. allready got a filter andexhaust. any others much appreciated. thansk

i always have the last laugh ;)

Login to a private Photobucket.com album

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f27/sim0n_parker/paulforwebsite.jpg

<a href="

Back to the top
if you look on German ebay there is a whole list of mods you can do, from twin carbs 4-1 manifolds, cams etc…

i would look out for a webber carb as a starting point.

Back to the top
right then, next up is thewebber carb then. can i get cams for the1300 engine i only thought they did them for the 1600and 1800.??

i always have the last laugh ;)

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f27/sim0n_parker/paulforwebsite.jpg

<a href="

Back to the top
Piper and Neuman do cams for the small engined VW's but they are for Hydraulic heads.

Rally Design used to do a high lift cam for the 1.1 and 1.3 VW engines with solid lifters but they no longer list them.

Back to the top
Im after a Weber for my Mk1, what am i looking for?

Im guessing it will state for Mk1 golf 1.3?

Golf Mk1 Driver '83 - Gti Replica

Polo Mk5 Gti '00 - Slammed on OZ Turbos

2modified.com - MK1GOC Discount Available!

Back to the top
Nope - it won't - lol

Weber are universal carbs fitted to all kinds.  You either want a downdraft twin choke (a DMTL from a Nova SR with an adapter plate to fit your existing manifold).  This is suitable for fast road use.

Weber DCOE are fast road or competition carbs and again are universal but need jetted and choked to suit your application.  For these you will also need an inlet manifold.

Back to the top
Thanks for that Steve, what is the best place to look and how much should i budget?

Golf Mk1 Driver '83 - Gti Replica

Polo Mk5 Gti '00 - Slammed on OZ Turbos

2modified.com - MK1GOC Discount Available!

Back to the top
If you go the DMTL route - local scrap yard - under the bonnets of Nova SR and Fiesta XR2's amongst others.  Find a DMTL 32/34 - it will say this somewhere on the carb.

Then get in touch with Webcon, Southern Carburettors or FSE Gelncoe about the adaptor plate and get it all set up and jetted at your local authorised Weber dealer.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.