Skip navigation

NWM5

Back to the top

NWM5

I offer you peace and you throw it back in my face…..
Right Daisy preapred to be destroyed!  :twisted:

We should have a trophy for regional meets.

Champions of meets! How about we chip in and get one made up??? :dontknow:

Spice it up a little….  :lol:

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top
Sounds good,

do you mean one each per meet?

Darren

Back to the top
Hmmmm don't know how we can work this out…. i was thinking of working it like a title belt???

Rather than a actual trophy how about a virtual trophy?

I wonder if we are able to set the forum up so that the current title holders have champions under their stars/posts or something?

Example….

Regional Meets Champion
Mighty Huddersfield (Uni)

Not sure the best way to present it… Maybe a little cup at the end of the stars….. i dunno :dontknow:

Every body who attends at the current largest meet has the privilege of baring the Champions tiltle on their posts.

Shall we put this idea across to Drew see if anything like that could be possible?

Just an idea?

All ideas welcome……then we can put this to Drew.

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top
Hopefully there's going to be this much enthusiasm for the next Gaydon meet! That would rule! Big up the Massive Massive :lol:

MK1 GTI Campaign
MK2 GTI 8v
Imitation Magic Tree - 'Black Ice' smell
Plenty of rust
Embarrasing fuel problem
Porous cooling system!

Back to the top
And the Wolfsburg gathering.... Nurburg trip! 8)

Back to the top

Trophy!

Great idea kins! A trophy next to the members names for those attending the winning meets! What about a league table showing how many turned up and when, also a mini register where people can register their region so that we can invite them and even include them in this banter! The trophy might be a pain in the bum for whoever has to do all the messing about! What about a page with the trophy on and each month updated with a photograph of the winning meet! ? would that be any easier?  :D

Back to the top
Weathers lookin good for Sunday. Its forcasted DRY with a bit of sunshine 16?C.
Looks like walt(bungle) will be here this time  8O with the hood down 8)  and extra tight tee shirt showin off his man boobs, sorry pectorals

mk1 silver campaign totally standard lowered on coilovers magic tree vanilla

Just had a full outer body restore

Back to the top

NWM5

You know its right DjEv... :lol:

Back to the top
Hey walt if you're coming with the top down how about investing in a brown leather flying jacket, white scarf and goggles? It's getting a bit chilly this time of year and apparently the ladies love a gentleman cab flyer…. I mean driver! :lol:

Tally ho chaps!

Back to the top

NWM5

Chocks away old bean!  :roll:

Back to the top
My car will be in the line-up come rain or shine!
See you all then!  :wink:

Back to the top
YAY!

kins: check  8)  
Lowmk1: check  8)  
paul_c: check  8)   
m6m62: check  8)   
mk1gti1600:check  8)   
walt: check  8)  
superworm: check in an elf (no mk1 points there!)  :)  
Dj_ev: check  8)  
Steve_Mathews: check (can we have 1/2 for a mk1 polo?)   :)
tomhudd: check  8)  
alex1916v: check  8)   
Phataz1: check  8)   
Diesel_dubber: check  8)

dano: maybe if the streets off blackburn behave  :dontknow:   
Dubboy: maybe  :dontknow:   
ed_whiteley: maybe  :dontknow:

Keep em coming boys and girls! :mrgreen:

Back to the top
that post code doenst work so ive rang em up, its this….

WN8 7TG

or look here….

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=351030&y=410890&z=4&sv=351030,410890&st=4&ar=Y&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf&ax=351030&ay=410890

looking forward to it, hope it doenst rain tho!!!
cheers
alex…

Back to the top
While im here, to anyone that is going, do you by any chance have any of these bits  spare??? need some bits, heres my list….

D/S black Gti door card to include, arm rest/grab handle, knob for wing mirror, and full length pocket with internal speaker grill, must be in good nick, must be the same as the P/S one in the it already, 82 Yreg

D/S front Gti wheel arch trim, must be in good nick and a OE one, not repo

Pair of Gti wing mirrors with all mountings/adjusters

D/S outer scraper seal, on the windable window

Plastic trim/casing that surrounds steering column/ignition. Or just the bottom half.

Early mk1 Golf Gti badge, with *sloping* GOLF writing

Rear mk1 Golf Volkswagen badge

Plastic trim on drivers front seat, which hide the metal hinge area, on the R/H, ie opposite to screw adjuster

Complete, and previously working interior fan/blower motor/switch

Clips which hold the rear bumper to the sides of the car

Single headlamp style grill, ie no fogs/spots. Must be the one with the red trim/band all the way around, doesn?t have to be original or de-baged, just two lamps with the red band all the way around, or a grill which I can possibly paint the red line on etc,

Good condition cheap 2nd hand radiator

Sections of the black carpet fitted to mk1 Gti?s as mine is missing the bit which goes up around the front door post near the pedals, but has it on the P/S.

if you have any of these bits and your willing to bring em allong this weekend reply on here/PM/email me )with a price and ill let you know if ill have it, saves me on the postage then,
cheers
alex.

alexpalmer301183@hotmail.com

Back to the top
I might be bringin along a scorpion twin DTM back box if anyones interested.

mk1 silver campaign totally standard lowered on coilovers magic tree vanilla

Just had a full outer body restore

Back to the top
alex,

I think I have these items:

Nearside Gti wing mirror with all mountings/adjusters

D/S outer scraper seal, on the windable window

Plastic trim/casing that surrounds steering column/ignition. Or just the bottom half.

Rear mk1 Golf Volkswagen badge

Complete, and previously working interior fan/blower motor/switch

Not sure if I can make the meet yet but will bring them if I come. If I don't I will PM you and we can arrange something.

Banner

Back to the top
yeah mate, if your going PM me with a price and let me know the codition of the bits, defiantly interested, if you come bring em!!!
cheers
alex.

Back to the top
do the clocks change this weekend ?

Mk1 2l TSR G60.  .getting. There twice as fast

Mk1 lhd diesel…….getting. There for half the cost

Back to the top
I believe the clocks do change.

I've just off the phone with Nigel from the Wiggin Tree. It's still cool for us to attend. I said there should be about 15 of us just to give him a rough figure what to expect.

Full steam ahead! :D

Back to the top
ALRIGHT GUYS!!!

Its the old good news bad news situation I'm afraid!!!

The GOOD news is that i have securred Sunday off from work!!!  :dance:

The BAD news is that BabyDub is in hospital, she got taken in last night (Thursday) and will be in until at least Monday with an infection in a birthmark. Soooo…. as long as she is ok and Mrs Dano is keeping to her word, then I will be a big CHECK!! on the list.

Never missed one yet… hope to keep it 5/5!!!

See you there….the cars already washed and ready to go. May even put the windbreak back in for a bitb of top down crusin' if its sunny.  8)

Dan
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.