Skip navigation

Milton keynes meet tuesday 3rd july, AGM Discussion day!!

Back to the top

Milton keynes meet tuesday 3rd july, AGM Discussion day!!

You little git :) x my company is awesome x

chelle

long live bew:)

Back to the top
gotta say big thank to you guys and girls

you lot made our weekend awesome!!!

hope you liked the food and it didn't make you to ill :) or left hungry

Saturday night was amazing

Ant and Claire sorry for upsetting P but i think we patched thing up in the end

roll on next year :)

Banner

Back to the top
Aw you guys did an amazing job on food!! So thank you very much!

I'm sure p will get over his hatred for sausage rolls lol

I think its fair to say we pulled out all the stops for fancy dress par a few other individuals but as a joint effort! A million points!

Was a great weekend, roll on next one x

chelle

Back to the top
Great weekend, need to fix a date for mk camping in September. Did any of you leave a yellow lantern as we picked one up at the end? Shame about Ant's split pipe getting home nightmare after the clutch cable the same day.

Banner

Back to the top
Ooh yeah that would be mine! Chars me dars!

chelle

Back to the top
We have a weird bottle opener.

Only took 7 1/2 hours to get home.

1979 mk1 Golf Gti (Dan)
1983 mk1 Golf gti G60 (little-un)

1991 mk2 Golf Country Chrome Edition
2010 T5 Karmann Colorado

2012 mk6 Golf Tdi convertible
2019 Skoda Octavia Sport ( it’s Golf)

Back to the top
Car broke down again?

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk

Back to the top
seen you in the layby ant but spotted to late to stop

:(

Banner

Back to the top

ant5 said

We have a weird bottle opener.

Only took 7 1/2 hours to get home.

aw ant! What a nightmare!

My cars accelerator stuck on way home, so as I changed gear it was interesting to say least and even when I was trying to slow down! I'm gonna see if I can get someone to fix for me… But hav nothing in the bank to pay garage - wish I knew what to do!!  And water pumps even noisier now :( x

chelle

Back to the top
If you get stuck bring it over to ours one evening

Banner

Back to the top
Aw thank you, so Kind x I'll let you know - have asked to see if this is something I can do myself - I've got a load of interviews tomoz and weds that I need to get too so hoping I can get it sorted asap - x

chelle

Back to the top

funk-star said

Car broke down again?

Yeah you know I asked for a header tank coolant hose, well there was one for sale at the show for £30 thought a bit steep. Temperature starting rising from 90 on the A 50 and then to 100 then 110 thought i should pull over as it was then sitting at 130  :banghead:

Coolant hose finally gave up and split, as didn't have any hose he wrapped it with some magic tape. He pressure tested my system checked I hadn't blown the head gasget, etc etc. on my way 10 mins later temp at 100 then pulled over on hard shoulder temp at 110. The magic tape had failed and lost all my coolant again

Another aa man came and this time had hose, put new hose on checked it and got up to temp, all fine we agreed he would follow me to Leicester services, as we got there temp was around 100 and water pissing out, changed jubilee clips ran for a while all ok

Back on my way again now it's about 7 o'clock 3 miles down the road temp starting rising up to 110 pulled over under a bridge, now pissing with rain, phoned the aa again and said I need to be recovered as the fixing are not working, don't know if I have a second split or have damaged the metal coolant pipe as the last fix was spot on

So finally got picked up on a flat bed truck at 9 and 1 and a half hours home to sunny mk. Walked in the door went to give Eloise a kiss goodnight and she had been sick in the bed so bath and change her bed with Claire.

11. 30 sleep

Up at 6 for work

1979 mk1 Golf Gti (Dan)

2010 T5 Karmann Colorado

Back to the top
Oh my god what a nightmare! :( x At least your home safe now tho but what a ball ache!!! X

chelle

Back to the top
Gutted :-(

The metal pipes are available from gsf £22.50 should you need one.

Back to the top
May change it as I think I have a re rebuild comming on !

1979 mk1 Golf Gti (Dan)

2010 T5 Karmann Colorado

Back to the top
Give them a good coat of POR15 first as they like to rust. Check coolant strength as I guess you just have water in there now? I have the tester if you need one. Probably worth flushing the system, changing all the hoses and refill with fresh G12

Banner

Back to the top
New stat, coolant, pipe and you'll be away!

Back to the top
We tooted as we went past you under the bridge on M1  :D

My car is safely tucked up at Matt's lol I got it recovered there to go to Bert's glad i did now or i'd have been with Ant on the hard shoulder :D

Waited ages for a flat bed tho, why is it even when u say its the MK1 meet and about 50 MK1 owners  have looked at it do they still insist they are right and send a transit with no way of towing me what a waste of time the guy spoke to matt for 30 seconds didnt open the bonnet and called recovery lol what a waste of time  :(

Back to the top
Is it time of the month for breakdowns or something :tlc:

Better all get fixed for next meet!

German engineering :roll:

Banner

Back to the top
Was going to ask if you got home ok Kate? Lol no need now….

Fingers crossed the bogey will be at next meet, been fiddling with the carbs and got the timing and tickover good with vac connected.

Still stinks of petrol lol

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.